Kudos to my power company

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
This was actually Friday morning and fixed without my intervention. I woke up Friday morning with no power to the living room and kitchen, 5 AM I am in the cold basement looking for a tripped breaker, found none. Pulled the cover off via flashlight to look for a problem. Saw none. So I flipped the main breaker off and went to work. Told my boss I was heading home at lunch to see what is going on. When I got to the house there was two bucket trucks on the pole and a bunch of manual shoves in my yard. I guess those smart meters are not so bad. My meter reported that I was losing a leg intermittently and dispatched a crew out to fix it. Found a bad slice in my underground feed. I really thought the problem was in the breaker box, but with no intervention it was taken care of via a smart meter.

This was actually Friday morning and fixed without my intervention. I woke up Friday morning with no power to the living room and kitchen, 5 AM I am in the cold basement looking for a tripped breaker, found none. Pulled the cover off via flashlight to look for a problem. Saw none. So I flipped the main breaker off and went to work. Told my boss I was heading home at lunch to see what is going on. When I got to the house there was two bucket trucks on the pole and a bunch of manual shoves in my yard. I guess those smart meters are not so bad. My meter reported that I was losing a leg intermittently and dispatched a crew out to fix it. Found a bad slice in my underground feed. I really thought the problem was in the breaker box, but with no intervention it was taken care of via a smart meter.
That may or may not be the reason they showed up to fix your issue, Your meter that is ...

They MAY have software that pinpoint where issues like that happen ...

Then again, part of the meter may have told them that you had issues when it detected the break in the line.
Weather usually has something to do with line breakage .... age, heat, cold all work against the lines feeding our homes, including the feed lines coming to the poles.
You may or may not have been the only person out of service.

Regardless, your right, Kudos to your Power Company for detecting the issue, seeing you didn't report it.

Btw, you said, some circuits were out, was not all of them out ?
If not, it must have been they Ground side and some were making good enough contact thru the earth ... which in itself a bad situation that needs to be corrected.

Easy, at 5 AM in the dark, wioth only some cicuts down, I killed the main so I did not have a fire and opted to check it out at lunchtime. And they beat me to it. Might want to reread the original post Jimbo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts