Fixing coax

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aristotle73

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
I have an Acoustic Research 50ft. F-connector coax cable hooked up to my dish--or I did. The wind got pretty bad Saturday and blew the dish over onto its side causing the coax to become stripped from the LNB coax connector (even though the dish was weighted with cement blocks :mad:). So now I have the screw part of the coax in hand with no idea how to reconnect it to the coax cable. I'm guessing the connector on the coax will have to be disassembled since the screw part won't fit over the top again. Does anyone know how to take it apart so I can put the screw part back on to it? The cable is pretty useless unless I can repair it :(

I suggest you

aristotle73 said:
I have an Acoustic Research 50ft. F-connector coax cable hooked up to my dish--or I did. The wind got pretty bad Saturday and blew the dish over onto its side causing the coax to become stripped from the LNB coax connector (even though the dish was weighted with cement blocks :mad:). So now I have the screw part of the coax in hand with no idea how to reconnect it to the coax cable. I'm guessing the connector on the coax will have to be disassembled since the screw part won't fit over the top again. Does anyone know how to take it apart so I can put the screw part back on to it? The cable is pretty useless unless I can repair it :(

Hi

I suggest you go to Radio Shack or Home Depot and pick up a new F connector (just snip off the old connection and make ready a new one). I prefer the crimp on type, but they also make a screw on type. You then follow the directions on the f connector pkg and strip off the required insulation(s) and push/crimp or screw the new connector on. Actually pretty simple.
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)