Flags Of Our Fathers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddjb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Germantown, MD
...I couldn't find a DVD Discussion forum (didn't there used to be one?) so this seems like as good a place as any. :)

Has anyone rented this DVD? By far some of the best surround sound I've ever heard on a movie. Usually I find the rear channels are rather muted and I wish they put some more volume towards them. FOOF has crisp vibrant audio on all channels and you legitimately here things off to the "side" that are loud enough to actually be there. (not just the typical wind, waves or door slams that usually make it into the rear channels).

Anyway, worth a rent if you haven't already seen it!

That was a pretty good one. But, the best I've seen in a long time, for surround action, is FLYBOYS. There is some excellent surround speaker usage, during the dogfights especially! Then of course there's old faithful SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.
Have you seen BAND OF BROTHERS? That's the best war movie (Miniseries) I've ever seen. And it's in DTS. :)
I enjoy a good war movie. I could go on and on...........

I agree on Band of Brothers being the best miniseries to date that I have ever seen and haven't seen Flyboys yet but can't wait.

I agree Band of Brothers was the best ever. I recommend it all the time. Was Flyboys any good? I know it got alot of poor reviews.

I have a big collection of WWII DVD movies, including Flags of Our Fathers, Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, Wind Talkers, When Trumpets Fade, and Pearl Harbor. I'm waiting for Letters From Iwo to be released on DVD. The surround quality is pretty good on all of these.

Some of the remixed classics are pretty good, too.

Well if you liked Flag of our fathers then you should like Letters from Iwo Jima thats supposed to be coming out soon, I saw the trailer for it tonight and it really looks like a good film told from the side of the Japanese.

I agree Band of Brothers was the best ever. I recommend it all the time. Was Flyboys any good? I know it got alot of poor reviews.
Everyone I know, that has seen it, liked it.
I couldn't care less what reviewers say about a movie. I've found that usually, if a reviewer doesn't like a movie, I do. And vice versa. A review is just one person's opinion. Most reviewers loved The Departed, and I hated it. Everyone I know hated it. I still don't understand how it won the Oscar! That was really unbelievable!

Flyboys is ok, not great. The plot is extremely predictable. Its a good popcorn movie for mindless entertainment.

Yes, Band Of Brothers is excellent. I only saw it on HBO, though, and never caught the DVD. Did they improve the sound for the DVD release?

(It was good originally, but I don't think Dish broadcast it to me in DTS, which would have been great. DD broadcast.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)