Flaky Foretec Ultra

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Hey folks,
Just wondering about my reciever. This thing is flakier then my ever-exposing scalp. It shuts it'self off very freqently, locks up on power scans and randomly insert weird characters and info into my sat settings. I'm thinking about sending it back for an exchange. Any input?
PS I don't have an upgrade cable so I can't load new firmware. Do I need to??

Thanks

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles said:
Hey folks,
Just wondering about my reciever. This thing is flakier then my ever-exposing scalp. It shuts it'self off very freqently, locks up on power scans and randomly insert weird characters and info into my sat settings. I'm thinking about sending it back for an exchange. Any input?
PS I don't have an upgrade cable so I can't load new firmware. Do I need to??

Thanks

Did you buy it new? I've never had any problems whatsoever with mine. I'd send it back, if you can.

nope.

just go into the installation, edit satellite/tp and start deleting some TP's. Something with the Fortec makes it do that. Just delete some Tp's out of the memory and then do a power off/on with the switch in the back :)

Icebergs result will fix the satellite information getting wacked out but I have never had a problem with the receiver powering itself off.

Try the firmware, you can get a straight RS232 cable at Wal-Mart or Radio shack, the key thing is you need a straight cable not a null modem cable.

Wholeshoe

Tried ur suggestion Ice and it still flicked it'self off again. I think I'm going to exchange it while my 30 days is still good. Bad part is it is going to caost me $30 for restock fee, plus the shipping. You guys think that's right? I buy it, it doesn't work, costs me MORE money to fix the problem?? Not cool.

Thanks for the input =)

most reputable companies wouldn't charge anything (shipping maybe) to send back a defective unit....

who did you get it from?

I was mistaken. I got it new from Sadoun. I called them about the fee and they told me it was just for items that were returned due to "dissatisfaction" not on defective stuff. Good to see you guys got my back though =)

Hey Ice,
If I delete all the TPs will they be gone forever or will they come back when I power scan?

Thanks

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles said:
I was mistaken. I got it new from Sadoun. I called them about the fee and they told me it was just for items that were returned due to "dissatisfaction" not on defective stuff. Good to see you guys got my back though =)
thats what we're here for :)
Hey Ice,
If I delete all the TPs will they be gone forever or will they come back when I power scan?

Thanks
When you power scan, they will come back. The issue is the satellites with a lot of feeds (temporary channels). I know IA6 I had 78 TP’s logged in at one point. Usually about once a week I delete most TP’s on SBS6, AMC9, G11 and IA6 to keep it running in tip top shape :D

A loose or perhaps slip-on cable connection will cause the Ultra to boot off and on. Also a short somewhere in one of the cable end connections. I'd check the cables for tightness on the rear and replace any slip-ons before looking anywhere else.

UFK

I have not seen any receiver come back that has your receiver's problem that we can duplicate here.

Check your cables and connections.

If you return it to us, we will gladley check it for you and if indeed defective, we will replace it. No restocking fee is involved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts