FLASH: Dish 322 and 522 Release Dates Announced!

new cusomer?

How about for new customers, though.. Will it be available to new customers next week, or not to anyone until next year? (I will be a new customer).. Also, what is the digital home plan?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes its available to new customers who sign up for one of their DHP plans.

But ONLY for new customers who sign up for one of their DHP plans.

Arrrg!!! I just signed up for DHP two weeks ago and got a 501 and 2 301s. If I had known this I would have waited a month. *sigh*

Just got off the phone with Dish.. They said that they didn't have any 522s, and they didn't know when they'd be available, but that local retailers might have them, although I'd have to pay full price.. Called a local retailer, they said that they had no idea when they'd be available.. what to do.. hmm...

I called yesterday and they said to call Saturday for an install date of the 322/522...Who really knows...we will wait and see...the guy also told me no $5 fee for the second built in receiver...only +$5 per additional box...so +$5 for up to 4 and +$10 for up to 6 and so on...

Thanks for the tip.. They said to cancel 24 hours in advance.. so I'll call on Saturday, and if they still don't know anything I guess I'll just go with the 510 on Sunday.. $5 extra a month though.. Not sure if it's worth it.. But that sure looks like a sweet receiver.

-Mike

Ya know, I'm probably crazy as a loon, but I have a secret hope/suspicion that the 522 will be the most bug-free DVR that Dish has ever rolled out the door. I know, as a long-suffering Dishplayer 7200 user I would have to be crazy to think such a thought, but hey, they just might have done a good development job and got things right this time.

Optimistically yours...
Video62

The hardware and software both are different than the current DVR's on the market, although the hardware is probably close to the 510 or 721 that is currently out. With the 522 only costing $50 more than the 510 I would expect the 522 to sell well.

Stargazer said:
With the 522 only costing $50 more than the 510 I would expect the 522 to sell well.
Looking at the current Dish DVR page the 510 standalone price is $299 and doing a 'view source' shows the 522 standalone price to be $449.

Maybe the dealer cost is only $50 diff, but the retail price appears to be $150 in difference.

video62 said:
Ya know, I'm probably crazy as a loon, but I have a secret hope/suspicion that the 522 will be the most bug-free DVR that Dish has ever rolled out the door. I know, as a long-suffering Dishplayer 7200 user I would have to be crazy to think such a thought, but hey, they just might have done a good development job and got things right this time.

Optimistically yours...
Video62

The 522 is a different beast than the current DVRs. I would not be surprised if it took a few updates before they got things working properly.

Cool .......Stargazer ................... where did you see the 522 announced for $349??

Thanks in advance!

Well, I have my free 510 hooked up as of Thursday night and so far so good. No duel tuners, but I don't record/time shift much beyond HD anyway, so this is no big deal.

I'm curious if there will be any kind of a deal on the 522. My parents just went back to DISH after almost a year away and are into the ide of a PVR. The 921 will be way more than the wife factor can handle. My dad wants it, but my mother will divorce him first. :)

Thank God my wife cannot wait for the 921 to be released! My father is going to be so jealous. Of course, that is IF the darn thing is ever released!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)