FLASH: Dish 811 now $199 for Existing Customers!

Wdam33 said:
Since I ordered my system directly from DISH, I would just call them or would I call the local dealer that came out and did the install?

I would like to know the same :? I ordered directly from Dish, i have no clue who came to do the install....

gp, give us a call tomorrow and talk to the office manager. She will be able to look you up and see if you are our olriginal customer. If so we would be albe to do the deal.

For you waiting for a deal on the 921 you may be waiting a long time. When the 721 first came out there were no upgrade deals. It wasn't until about 6 months ago the the 721 quailified for promotion.

Don't get your hopes up. Plan on paying full price.

For those of you calling DISH good luck. It seems that most of the installation complaints come from the people that order through DISH. Or if you want to install it yourself then order through Scott or Claude. I don't want people to jump ship from Scott but I do want people to get a good deal. (Sorry Scott I didn't mena to cause any problems) DISH may have changed there policy and may not offer the deal directly but I find that hard to believe.

Just remember that when you go direct through DISH you get what you pay for.

Since this hasn't been announced on CC yet - and the CSRs don't know about it - would it be possible to buy a 301 from a dealer and then turn and upgrade/add-on the 811 for $199?

I'm asking because I am NOT an existing customer, but I am a former customer. So if I just bought a cheap 301, I'd like to add the 811 for $199.

Chris

Or if you want to install it yourself then order through Scott or Claude. I don't want people to jump ship from Scott but I do want people to get a good deal. (Sorry Scott I didn't mena to cause any problems)

You didn't cause any problems at all.

I do know this will effect our sales which is sad because the sales help support the site.

But I would rather see a customer get a good deal as well.

Honestly yesterday when I found out the news I was thinking about holding back the news because I was counting on the money for some upgrades here at the site, but after thinking about it for a few seconds I decided to do the correct thing and report the deal so people can get a good deal. And I also thought that the news would get out sooner or later any how.

I still think it stinks that if your origional dealer is out of business or if you did not care for your origional dealer that you are out of luck for this deal.

I think people should buy through you for two reasons.

1. If they buy from you they can do the install themselves which is what many of the people here say they want to do. Don't let someone else screwup your hookups. At least I don't want anybody messing with my expensive equipment.

2. You are getting it from someone you trust and knowing you will get it ASAP. Sound like DISH maybe a while before deing able to do the install.

It will be worth the extra money and it helps the forum. And there is no one year contract to sign and no CCA (Credit Card Auto-pay)

Scott,

So what's the scoop for those of us that have moved? Do we call the original retailer that's several hundred miles away, or can any retailer take care of me, since I'm out of that dealers service area?

Cheers,

Here's my situation. I originally ordered my single dish 300 from Dish Network. It was delivered to me and I installed it.

The Dish 500 upgrade came along and I immediately went to a local dealer and they hooked me up. This has been 5-6 years ago, when did the Dish 500 system hit the streets?

I received the 6000 deal directly from Dish. Now I want the 811. Do I even have a dealer to go to?

Shawn, I've bought antennas and lnbs from you, but not my Dish System.

gp,

If you want the deal I know that we at Zager Antenna won't be able to do it. More than likely I don't think Scott will match it either since you originally bought direct from DISH but Scott will have to answer that himself. You are DISH and only a DISH customer and not tied to any dealer.

If you want the 811 ASAP then order from Scott or us. It makes no difference to me.

I agree, DHP customers get it again. I don't see what we're beinh treated like 2nd class citizens by Dish. Here we are, ready to spend $'s to buy hardware but Dish won't let us only because we're DHP.

rad said:
I agree, DHP customers get it again. I don't see what we're beinh treated like 2nd class citizens by Dish. Here we are, ready to spend $'s to buy hardware but Dish won't let us only because we're DHP.

When you signed up for the DHP, you made your deal with the devil.

You already got one deal, now you want another?

Quitcherbitchin! :rolleyes:

Nick said:
rad said:

Here's an idea. Quite Dish and sign up with your spouses name/CC. Now that you know how it's done, you can do it right this time.

Nick said:
rad said:

Nick, at least the devil says you're selling your soul to him, Dish makes no mention in their paperwork that DHP customers would be locked out of future deals that would be available to non-DHP customers. I've purchased a Dish 6000, I've purchased a 508, I purchased a Dish 300 and SW64 for 61.5 reception, all that's still on the DHP is the Dish 500 and a 501. Dish can have back the 501 and I'll pay then the $50 for not returning the LNB's. If they're going to make things this hard it might be worth it to switch to D*.

Thanks for your support ;)

Just got off the phone with a Dish CSR and he said the only deal on the 811 is for new customers. Has anyone even got the CSR's to admit this promo exists? :evil:

n8jmy said:
Just got off the phone with a Dish CSR and he said the only deal on the 811 is for new customers. Has anyone even got the CSR's to admit this promo exists? :evil:

The CSR I talked to this AM found it the system, try again.