FLASH: Dish 811 now $199 for Existing Customers!

the CSR told me that I could keep my 301, and that I won't be charged a monthly fee for it as an extra receiver unless I actually use it (plug in phone line).

That doesn't follow sense. For every receiver "active" on your account, it costs $5/mo for each one beyond the first receiver. So if your 301 is active, whether its plugged in or not, you'll need to pay the $5 or else they will deactivate it and you'll be stuck watching Nasa or Remote Control Help on it.

It's not going to be active unless I choose to activate it, at which time I'll pay the recurrent monthly fee. I didn't mean I'd plug and unplug it at will and expect the account status to flip-flop continuously :).
Edit: my original intended point was that I don't have to "trade in" the current unit if I don't intend to keep it on the account for the immediate future.

I was told by a CSR that the 149 deal was for people whom did not have any contract. I got the 199 deal because I had a 1 year contract that was still active, so maybe if you dont have an active contract with E* thats why you get the reduced price.

Wow! 149.00 for an 811. And no tax (I checked my Account online, and the debit is for only $149) :D Installation is for Tuesday morning. And there is more. The rep first asked if I wanted replacement or add on. I didn't know which, so I said replacement. Which unit? OK, how about the 301? Which 301, um, any I guess, I have 3 301s and 1 6000. Then off to confirmation and this person went along to explain what I just heard and also said , "All switches included". Back up rewind. All switches? I have a full SW64, do I get another one? "Yes" she said. So now I am doing an add-on. The only TV I have without a box is a 13" GE in the kitchen. It will get the 811. Hope the installer has a sense of humor :shock: Not to mention that the current SW64 is in the attic and the 13" will be two stories down.

I do have one nice (when the parts arrive) 64" HDTV, but it only has one 15-pin VGA connector for HD. Maybe Santa needs to deliver a plasma for Christmas ;)

Just ordered an 811 for $149. No tax, no CC Autopay, or anything. HD pak for 9.99 month. Installation this Saturday 12-6-03 in the afternoon. Though, I know my local installer and he told me that he never hooks up stuff to peoples HD equiptment. He tells them where to hook it up and then he calls Dish to activate.

Nice deal!

-Mark

Just got my 811 for $149 and scheduled for Saturday installation between 8-12AM. They said the installer would need a 3 foot clearance behind the TV. Boy are they in for a susprise. They could get tangled in the wiring behind my set and never be heard from again. My wife took the vaccum cleaner back there in 1997 and I haven't seen her since.

Also, no cc autopay, no one year commitment and no tax. They already charged my credit card online for $149.00 period.

811 for $149 & DishPro compatability question

I just got off the phone with Dish. Ordered an 811 upgrade for $149, no problem on first try. :D I have been a Dish customer since 4/99. No mention of special customer status by the CSR. I asked for the 811 receiver promotion and the CSR immediately gave the $149 price. FWIW, I have paid just over $50/month with CC autopay for past couple of years.

Added Superdish for locals from Mobile, AL on 105. Installation scheduled for 12/22 AM. Superdish, switch and install are free per the locals promo, must maintain AT150 or greater programming for 1 year. All hardware (superdish & switch) included.

I asked about getting the hardware to do this myself but didn't get any where. They'll send someone, although they couldn't tell me who or where they would be from.

This will be a dormer mount on a 2"x6" facia board which is very stout. The Dish 500 installed here has been fine for 3 years. I've seen the SuperDish (SD) at local Radio Shack. The SD base is ~6"X8" and heavy, like ~25 lbs, including the mounting base and swivel. It will be interesting to see how well the SD mounts here.

What's the deal with Dish Pro LNB & switch hardware compatability with older receivers? I want to use a 4700 as a second receiver with this new dish and wonder if I will need an adapter. The CSR's didn't know. Any of you know?

This is a great site. Thanks for all the timely info.

Excellent site! I joined just because you guys just saved me big time! I was all set to buy the 811 for 399 until I stumbled across your site. So, I had to call a few times to actually GET the 149 deal. First rep was totaly clueless, tried to get me to buy it at 399. The second call was a bit better, he said I could get it for 199 but I had to buy it at my original dealer. Told him I purchased directly from dish, that stumped him! he had to put me on hold for a but then said I could buy it from them for 199.

Three times the charm! Third rep when asked about the 811 went into a nice description of the unit and the 199 deal, ask for my phone number and said, WoW, your VIP material! We'll get it to you for 149 free installation! Gave him my CC number and set it up for this friday!

I was so impressed I ask for his boss and told him what a nice job he did! I guess they give gold coins out for each complement. Get enough coins and the Rep's can turn them in for prizes!

So thanks to both Scott at SatelliteGuys and the Dish rep for a job well done!

Wdam33 said:
Just ordered an 811 for $149. No tax, no CC Autopay, or anything. HD pak for 9.99 month. Installation this Saturday 12-6-03 in the afternoon. Though, I know my local installer and he told me that he never hooks up stuff to peoples HD equiptment. He tells them where to hook it up and then he calls Dish to activate.

Nice deal!

-Mark

now how where you able to get it for this Saturday?? I ordered mine this morning and they told me that Sunday was the earliest they could get me. I live in the Louisville area too.

Neutron,

Hmmm...I called Wed afternoon around 5 PM and they told me the earliest was Saturday 12-6-03 between 12 and 5 PM. Now, I don't live in Louisville metro...just outside near West Point. My retailer is probably out of Brandenburg (who did my Dish 500 install back in September). I don't know if they'll show up on Saturday...probably be more like Monday or Tuesday...We'll see! Its just a receiver install and nothing more.

-Mark

Wdam33 said:

Nice deal!

-Mark
What other programming do you have? I called to ask about the deal and was told $199 with a commitment to AT50 or greater.

x

For all those who think that you got it with no tax if you paid for it with cc then the tax will be added when you get your next Dishnetwork bill

rad said:
Nick said:
rad said:
I agree, DHP customers get it again. I don't see what we're beinh treated like 2nd class citizens by Dish. Here we are, ready to spend $'s to buy hardware but Dish won't let us only because we're DHP.

I am a DISHPLAN Subscriber and just got the 811 at $149 as an addon reciever.The charge will be on my next months bill. I will own the receiver vs rent.
The CSR would not give it to me as DHP person. I called Mark Duffy. He had E-mailed me back from the CEO@echostar address that had been posted earlier. Thanks to whomever made the original post

I just ordered my 811 for $149. Was told that the only committment was AT50 for one year (doesn't even require the HD pack - for those who just want to use it for OTA HD). No tax, free delivery, free installation. Will be here Tues. What a deal...

LarryH said:
I just ordered my 811 for $149. Was told that the only committment was AT50 for one year (doesn't even require the HD pack - for those who just want to use it for OTA HD). No tax, free delivery, free installation. Will be here Tues. What a deal...

The No Tax doesn't apply to most people

If I understand this correctly. I order an 811 from Dish, I am not adding an 811 reciever, but replacing an existing 6000, I get to keep the 6000, sell it if I like, and they install a 811 for $149.. Sounds like a heck of a deal, is what I typed correct?

Norm

A co-worker ordered his 811 yesterday, install on the 12th. The CSR asked about doing it this Friday, he said he would be off work the 12th. I guess I may post her name and her ID here-Veronica 4EB. She was very helpful, knowledgable and nice. She even got on the phone with me after filling his order and answered my questions. He did get his for $149 and all he did was ask her the price. He also asked if he could ask for a certain company to come and she said she would put in preference on the work order. Hope this helps.

Called the Exec CSR office and spoke with Michael. I'm a DHP customer and I had no problem getting the $149 deal.

I asked about a commitment and he said, "Nope....you're 'Exclusive' so there will be no commitment." He did however say that the installer will take my 6000 with him. I informed him that he will do no such thing. I bought it outright with no commitment, so I'm keeping it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts