FLASH: Dish 811 now $199 for Existing Customers!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This just in...

Dish is offering the 811 for existing customers for $199.

Yes you read that correctly.

But note the following...

Retailers may only provide a DISH 811 Upgrade to their original customers.

This promotion is available to any existing non-lease customer regardless of when their DISH Network account was activated.

The 811 Receiver Upgrade for Existing Non-Lease Customer promotion provides existing DISH Network customers who are not on a leasing agreement with the opportunity to upgrade to a DISH 811 receiver if they are interested in viewing HD television programming.

* Customer pays their retailer $199.
* Customer agrees to purchase AT50/DISH Latino or higher for 12 consecutive months.
* Customer enrolls in credit card auto-pay (CCA) or pays DISH Network a $24.95 shipping & handling fee in lieu of credit card auto-pay (CCA).

Retailer and customer must agree on a receiver swap-out or receiver add-on arrangement. Swapped out receivers are the property of the customer unless an alternate agreement is reached between the retailer and customer relative to that equipment. Customer has no obligation to sell the equipment and conversely, the retailer has no obligation to purchase the equipment.

$240 charge imposed on the customer if their account is disconnected or if their subscription to qualified programming is downgraded below AT50/DISH Latino at any time within the 12-month period following the
DISH 811 upgrade.

Promotion runs from December 1st to January 31st 2004

The above information was sent to me, I am just passing the info along so please dont shoot the messenger if anything is incorrect.

Once again you got the news FIRST from SatelliteGuys.US!

can you explain this more

Retailer and customer must agree on a receiver swap-out or receiver add-on arrangement. Swapped out receivers are the property of the customer unless an alternate agreement is reached between the retailer and customer relative to that equipment. Customer has no obligation to sell the equipment and conversely, the retailer has no obligation to purchase the equipment.

Hmm bad news for me, my orignial dealer told me today that they would only install 811's for new custs. but you can bet I will be on the phone with him tomorrow !!!

Rolltide, That just means that your dealer can not come in and take one of your receivers in exchange for the 811 for $199.

I don't know what this does for the Dish Store.

Also I dont know what options you have if the dealer who origionally sold you equipment is now out of business or you didnt like the dealer who installed your equipment.

Also I dont know what options you have if the dealer who origionally sold you equipment is now out of business or you didnt like the dealer who installed your equipment.

I have no idea who installed my system 3 years ago :( Does dish have a record of it ?

If the original dealer in no longer in business or you don't wish to do business with them you can go through DISH network directly.

That would be the only other way to get the deal.

Maybe we should flood their phone lines tommorow and ask them to clarify this issue. :)

We should not be penalized for this if the dealer is out of business, or we did not like the service we received from our origional dealer.

I agree Scott. It is real tough when customers walk into our doors and want the deal and we can't to do. Well we could do it then we take a big hit on the equipment and the labor would be free. We can't afford to do it and take that big of a hit.

This is nothing new. Granted I have only been in the business for 3 years but this seems to be the pattern with DISH. This is also just another way for DISH to cut out the middle man (the dealers).

That is why we don't sell the DHP unless they absolutly force us to sell it to them. You are truely tied to there equipment and you hardly ever get it upgraded at a cheaper price. But you can always just buy it outright and get it installed.

Just called Dish and there sytems still are not update although it was dec 2 were ever they are, He said try to call back after noon.... ugh

I am online with Dish right now and they are telling me that I am out of luck because my dealer is no longer in service. The problem is, where I live all three dealers that were selling Dish when I bought are out of business!! They have said that there is nothing in place for those customers who's dealers are out of business and we will just have to wait till later!!. I have asked for a supervisor and I will be e-mailing Dish if I do not get the right answer from Dish!!! :evil: :evil: