Flat-panel TV costs fall into buyers' price range

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can tell which is which every time! No matter what the size I can easily tell the difference between Plasma, DLP and LCD. Plasma always looks crisper, cleaner and brighter with more vivid colors and much, much , much higher contrast than the other two.

DLP has great contrast but the colors are alway more muted. The lines are no where near as sharp.

LCD always has an after-shadow. Sometimes it's hard to see at first but the first time the picture goes from a bright image to a dark image in a frame, it is unmistakable. Luckily for me my eyes are going and my biological persistance of vision is almost as long as the LCD's after image. But I can still see it. Also the edges of the screen always appear darker than the rest of the picture. The contrast is good, but I have yet to see an LCD that can produce true black. The 10% gray (as oposed to the 7.5% gray that is standard TV black) is something that always makes me cringe.

Unfortunately, the plasmas have not made it to my price range ($0). When one of my TVs finally bites the dust I will get one of these babies, but not yet. It is still too soon.

See ya
Tony

Given one child in college, another in when he gets out, one child who will be doing field work in Costa Rica anda spouse who intends to visit China ona professioanl trip that I would have to contribute to if I make the jump it would be at the low end.

Plasma is out, LCD probably is as well. But a low end CRT just might be within my range. laugh if you want.

Can't be real impressed with an author who can't tell the difference between a DLP and a Plasma / LCD.

And maybe it's me, but $3000+ for a TV still seems somewhat above "midrange" or "mainstream". When a 40 inch or larger Plasma / LCD goes below $1000, then perhaps those terms can apply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)