Flex Fuel (E85) vehicles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceberg said:
Thats what I'm saying gerry

if all you do is city driving, then maybe E85 would be beneficial. but I drive 30 miles one way to work (highway miles) and there is a 5 mpg drop with E85

When you put 54K miles in 26 months you need all the mpg you can get :)

Where do you drive Iceberg? I drive about 27 miles one way, near Forest Lake to Brooklyn Park six days a week. Would love to see a cheaper alternative.

in the morning about 35 minutes (leave at 6:45 get to work about 7:20)

at night...easily 40. mostly about 50. 494 south is a B**CH with that construction :)

Used to live in Shakopee too. Now in Lakeville. All I know is that when I had the E85 car it's gase milage was basically the same depending on how I drove it. It also depends on how the manufacturer implemented the system. Different computers burn the fuel at different rates/settings.
We had two different vehicles. One that automatically sensed the fuel type and adjusted and another where we had to flip a switch (used a different chip) when it was E85. The switch one seemed to do the same or better at MPG. The auto sensing was at the same, or 1 or 2 MPG worse. Again, it depends on how they implemented it.

If nothing else run it for a few tanks and see what you think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts