Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Once again FedEx lost a package that was shipped to me. It's lost in Ft. Worth, 30 miles from me. They said the best they could do was to put a trace and that I might get a call about it. :mad:

Yup fedex does suck

My Camera which I had shipped overnight was not delivered they said they tried to deliver it but no one was home, which was BS as my wife was out in the front yard playing with the kids.

I had to go to FEDEX to get my package.

I also have a Signature release form filled with them yet everytime I have a package they dont leave it saying they need a signature.

I really HATE FEDEX.

damn...I never had an issue with FedEx. I always use them when I ship stuff.

maybe MN has good fedex people :)

Funny thing everyone is bitching about Fedex today....I have to sign for a package and I called them on Wednesday and specifically told them not to attempt deliver on Thursday since nobody would be home. I requested the package be delivered on today since I would be working from home - I even asked the local manager call me since signed packages ALWAYS get screwed up. No such call was received. Well, wouldn't you know...our local Fedex attempted delivery yesterday and left a notification slip that I could pick up the package at the Fedex distribution center...12 miles away. Ugh! Anyway, I called last night and they assured me the package would be delivered today. I called again at 0700 this morning and was told the very same things. Needless to say, Fedex delivers in my neighborhood between 1030-1100 and no package.

Anyway, Fedex is dispatching a courier and the package will be here by 3pm. They wanted me to drive 12 miles to pick it up, but you can see how far request of theirs went. Ugh! Of course, my entire afternoon schedule is screwed up since I had made lunch plans and was supposed to start yard work this afternoon. In 25 years of dealing with Fedex...this is the only area I have ever experiences these problems. I guess it all depends on how well, or how poorly, your local Fedex center is ran.

I also have never had ANY issues in over 12 years of 2 - 3 pkg per day use, 3 - 4 days per week, in fact I (and my customers) have received 2-day and ground pkgs earlier than stated in the tracking info. Compare them to UPS and USPS and these guys are the platinum standard. It may be your local break-out facility or your route driver, I would greatly hesitate to say its FedEX as a whole.

I guess I'm lucky because I've never had problems with UPS, USPS, AE or FedEx. I've never used DHL and never plan to use them either. I send and receive many packages a month from all of them and I must say I've never had any problems at all with any of them. I like using first class USPS when receiving stuff because I've had my regular mail person for about 21 years and she is just great. I tend to stay away from UPS just because in the last two years or so packages have been delivered between 6-7pm and my last 10 packages with them have been between 7-8pm. Also in case your interested I remember that UPS ground, 2 and 3 day air used to have promised delivery times of no later than 7pm on the scheduled delivery day but if you look now they only promise by the end of the day which could be upto 11:59:59 if you want to get technicial. My packages have only been later and later with UPS with my last one being just before 9pm and was I pissed when they rang the doorbell after I just got to sleep after a long day. I just thought I missed it like before.

My USPS mail gets to my house before 2pm at the latest but most days its before 10am. Fedex goes by at around 9am but no later than noon while AE has always delivered my packages before 9am while most of the time I get it around 7:30ish in the morning. I don't like using AE because they take about one full business day longer than FedEx does for most of my packages.

With all this said I've never had problems just nitpicking about delivery times.

I am actually expecting a package today which is being shipped to my office, I had it shipped 2nd day.

The FedEx site says it will be delivered at 7pm. Our office closes at 5pm.

Tracking number

Ship date
Aug 24, 2005

Estimated delivery
Aug 26, 2005 7:00 PM

Reference
102G Twinhan

Destination
Hartford, CT

Service type
FedEx 2Day Service

Weight
2.0 lbs.

Status
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
I hope it gets here before 5pm. FedEx sucks. :D

i know YOU are located at a business address , but it depends on if the shipper remembered to select the non-residential shipment. I tried to track that number to see what they selected but it was DOA. NOTE the radio button selection in column B.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    98.5 KB · Views: 130
Oh thats not the real tracking number. I didn't want someone canceling my package on my or better yet redirecting it to their house. :D

That's just one of the reasons to specify that it is a business address for UPS or FEDEX. The other is that it makes shipping slightly less.
In our area DHL is terrible. I have no problem with UPS or FEDEX because I know a lot of the drivers. I used to manage a Mailboxes etc. There were certain areas that there were problems no matter what carrier we used.

I didn't ship it so i can control that one. let's hope its here before 5, the driver should know that its a business especially since its addressed to a company which is a daily stop and is on the 29th floor. :D

FEDEX Does suck Big Time. I have been waiting for a call back for 4 days now on a package they took to the wrong address I was told I would get a call Tuesday , Nothing yet. I dont exspect them to call either, I for one will never get an item form anywhere that uses Fedex agian , I told them on the phone last week ( Its a good thing I was not getting a Kidney transplant ) and they were sending it Fedex

Don't expect anything LOBO. I've had FedEx representatives get an attitude with me when I've called asking where a package was.

And if somebody thinks a 12 mile drive is bad, my FedEx Home Delivery depot is an hour away.

I'm going to get called a commie wacko for this, but USPS package delivery is best. They actually have to be held accountable by ALL citizens, not just corporate customers.

LOBO2999 said:
FEDEX Does suck Big Time. I have been waiting for a call back for 4 days now on a package they took to the wrong address I was told I would get a call Tuesday , Nothing yet. I dont exspect them to call either, I for one will never get an item form anywhere that uses Fedex agian , I told them on the phone last week ( Its a good thing I was not getting a Kidney transplant ) and they were sending it Fedex

My luck would be I would need a liver transplant and the plane would crash with my kidney on it. Go figure right. Also my luck is running pretty good because I got a Cash 3 lotto quick pick of 000 and I think the odds of gettin these numbers in a quick pick are the same as winning the game itself. Sadly I didn't win.

EEJay said:
Don't expect anything LOBO. I've had FedEx representatives get an attitude with me when I've called asking where a package was.

And if somebody thinks a 12 mile drive is bad, my FedEx Home Delivery depot is an hour away.

I'm going to get called a commie wacko for this, but USPS package delivery is best. They actually have to be held accountable by ALL citizens, not just corporate customers.

Damn you commies! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)