Samsung Sucks -- Less (Updated!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Scott why don't you try a maytag or whirlpool? Go with a American brand. But you have had some bad luck with fridge sorry to hear about it. People just have bad luck with certain name brands I can't stand gm I like we dodge.

My GE crapped out after about 17 years. I went out and bought another GE. All I wanted was chilled water with filter, ice maker, and a simple panel to set/monitor freezer/fridge temperature. First thing I did was yank out all the incandescent bulbs and installed PAR16 LEDs I had left over from trial-and-error on lighting my living room track lights. I still have the old GE as I think that the only thing wrong with it is the defroster and maybe a coolant leak. The fans and everything work fine but it stopped cooling good.

I don't think ANY modern appliance with convenience features is meant to last more than 10 years, tops. Even at 17 years old, my old GE was dated and it was time to get something more efficient. Appliance manufacturers these days are banking on folks not keeping an appliance for more than 5 years or so. I can see the same thing happening with appliances that happened with computers and hand-held electronics.

Hey Scott why don't you try a maytag or whirlpool? Go with a American brand. But you have had some bad luck with fridge sorry to hear about it. People just have bad luck with certain name brands I can't stand gm I like we dodge.

Why because I just paid over $3000 for this one. You would think it would work right? You would think the company that made the product would stand by their product right? Not Samsung.

Not that simple:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2011/04/which-appliances-are-still-american-made/index.htm
While those brands also carry premium price tags, Whirlpool, Maytag (which is owned by Whirlpool) and GE are among the more-mainstream names that build appliances both stateside and overseas. And foreign-based manufacturers like Bosch and Electrolux also maintain factories in the U.S.

But that doesn’t mean everything these brands sell is actually made here. For instance, Whirlpool’s Cabrio and Vantage and Maytag’s Maxima and Bravos washers and dryers are made in Clyde, Ohio and Marion, Ohio. And all of Maytag’s top -compartment refrigerators, including French door models, are made in Amana, Iowa, while Whirlpool makes its Resource Saver dishwasher in Findlay, Ohio and some ranges in Tulsa, Oklahoma. But other lines and models can come from other places.

I don't think I would want to buy a Samsung fridge.....I'd want to go with a company that has made fridges and freezers for many, many years. Fridgidaire, Amana, Kenmore, etc.

It would be like buying a Samsung car or a Samsung couch. Some companies should just stick to what they did when they started and not try and make/sell things they have expertise in.

That is a lot to spend for something so problematic. I guess the old saying "You get what you pay for" doesn't apply anymore these days. My thought of why these problems occur, is overly electronifying something simple. Wish you all the luck with samsung.

I'd want to go with a company that has made fridges and freezers for many, many years. Fridgidaire, Amana, Kenmore, etc.
Just because Americans are familiar with "Samsung" for electronics vs appliances, how do you know they haven't been making refrigerators for a while ?

For what it's worth, Consumer Reports's top 5 French door refrigerators (for 2013) includes (2) Samsung models.

Yes, we have more then what the specs call for just to be safe. :)
The specs say 3" on each side. Unless you removed that right-hand cabinet wall, there isn't 3"+ there. Same goes for the left-hand side, presuming the fridge is centered in the opening. You have a real wall there though! The top needs 2" and it looks close. Obviously don't know how much clearance is in the back...

funny, my only experience with Samsung was the Galaxy3.
Awful for me. Froze several times. Serviced and exchanged twice.
Battery drained immediately. Also would not sync phone contacts with car. It would mix all my numbers up..
I hated that!!!

Never again, I had my Iphone 5s for months never an issue....

I hear you Scott.

In April of this year my Samsung DLP TV began to get dots all over the screen. After researching online, I found out this was quite a widespread problem with my type of TV and was caused by a malfunctioning DMD chip. To make matters worse I learned that Samsung stopped fixing these for free in February. I thought about purchasing a new TV (anything but a Samsung) but decided to repair my TV myself which ended up costing about $200. Still cheaper than a current 60" model.

I'm sorry to hear about your fridge, Scott. It definitely sounds like a lemon.

To be fair though, I have had a Samsung 58" plasma TV for almost 8 years with zero issues. I also have two Samsung PC monitors on two different computers here at my home business, one is a 18" and the other is a 21", both are getting close to 7 years old, again, zero issues. Maybe Samsung just doesn't make kitchen appliances very well?

I have replaced bad capacitors in several 2006-2009 model year LCD TVs made by Samsung. I tried to go the warranty route also, but the warranty always expired 2 to 6 months before the problem arose. Their TV and Appliance customer Service really needs to improve greatly to get to the same level as their mobile phone group. I have had no problems with Customer Service from the Mobile Phone group at Samsung.

Again Samsung has had a change of heart and decided to replace the fridge.

Its sad that I had to post a public rant like this to get this resolved. This wasn't a cheap fridge... In fact my wife informed me last night that when we purchased this fridge the MSRP on this fridge was close to $4,000. This was not one you throw away after a year. And the entire idea to swap out came from them, we never suggested it. They said if this happens again give us a call and we will replace it. And it happened again we called and saw the notes and said "oh we are sorry lets do the paperwork to get you a replacement

Again I should not have had to post a rant like this to get this fixed. But ultimately it worked and for that I am grateful.

Reactions: LER
I bought a samsung washer got it home had strange noise called Lowes the sent a tech out said tub was bad ordered new tub it was installed 2 days started noise again they said it was shaft still had problem replaced it still had problem & said unrepairable they gave store a ra to replace it i said i just want refund so lowes gave me a in store credit which i was happy Samsung took a little time but i was happy with service & refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts