Samsung Sucks -- Less (Updated!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Frigidare is owned by Elektrolux, formerly by GM (what was that about concentrating on what you do best)
Amana is part of Whirlpool and is mostly badge engineered these days.
Kenmore is a house brand name for Sears. Kenmore is totally badge engineered from other companies and hasn't produced anything of its own for years (like since the '60s)

Glad to hear they are taking care of it.

The fascinating part is that the Kenmore models seem to be better rated than the nearly identical LG models.
Has to make you skeptical about the validity of the ratings, huh ?

I still think it's "news" to a lot of people that appliances names are just stick-on badges so much nowadays. Walk down the refrigerator aisle in Lowes and it's not your imagination when a whole bunch of the models look 100% identical ! I remember a dryer we bought from Home Depot a few years ago. It was a common brand but the cardboard box it came in was labeled "Haier".

I venture to guess that today, when it comes to the component parts and the labour involved, a Samsung or LG appliance is as "American" if not more so than GE or Whirlpool. For what it's worth, the GE Profile Gas Range I got in 2011 when I remodeled my kitchen was made in Mexico, the Samsung dishwasher and refrigerator were made in Korea.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If the "widget" says "Assembled in USA", you can bet the parts are Chinese-produced.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)