Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

Out of curiosity what plan do you use for the west coast DirecTV box? I've been wanting to do something like that myself but their base packages are too high to waste on 4 channels
I have Directv's Family package for $29.99 per month, with a Service Address in the Los Angeles market. I am "grandfathered" with no receiver fee for my first (and only) non-DVR HD receiver, but they still charge $10 extra for the HD programming. :( So, it is a total of $39.99 per month plus sales tax. (California charges sales tax on equipment fees but not on programming. The $7 first receiver fee is still taxed in spite of the $7 being credited back on my bill.) Also, Directv's HD Extra Pack (a "lite" version of Dish Movie Pack) is available for free for three months at a time. When the three months are up, I can cancel it, then log in to my account to add it free for three months again. That, along with the fact that the Family package includes many national channels that are not included in Dish's Welcome Pack, helps justify some of the cost, but I agree that Directv's base packages cost too much. At the end of next month, I will have three months left in my contract, and I am considering going ahead and cancelling Directv anyway.

You misread. It is available in AT250, but only via Dish Anywhere. Still baffling.

BBC World News has been available on DishAnywhere.com for a few months now, but it has been suddenly taken down. I would be disappointed if we don't get it after all the channels that Dish has dropped. I have a great deal with Dish for another 7 months, but I will leave Dish after that if they don't get their act together soon.

So, the flex pack for me is the least interesting thing they could do. It does not offer the customization of channel line-up I'd likely use any more or less than me having to over pay for Top 250 just to get what I do want to see. One example is Animal Planet. I sorta get why they stick it in the kids pack... but I only watch it for Tanked. I would also say that AP's programming is not necessarily kid aligned, albeit they do have quite a few shows that slant that way. So, I'm not going to pay$10/mo more just for 1 channel, and I don't think I saw Weather Channel listed either, yet they call some of those other filler channels "most watched" or highest rated? Nah thanks...

I'm not going to pay$10/mo more just for 1 channel, and I don't think I saw Weather Channel listed either...
Weather Channel is in the News add-on pack. I figured out that if anybody wants the Flex Pack, plus locals, plus News pack (to get The Weather Channel, MSNBC, and Bloomberg) plus any other add-on to get another channel that is included in Welcome Pack, it would be cheaper to have two Dish accounts: one account with just the base Flex Pack, and one account with Welcome Pack. :)

Reactions: Rhyph and Mojo Jojo
Weather Channel is in the News add-on pack. I figured out that if anybody wants the Flex Pack, plus locals, plus News pack (to get The Weather Channel, MSNBC, and Bloomberg) plus any other add-on to get another channel that is included in Welcome Pack, it would be cheaper to have two Dish accounts: one account with just the base Flex Pack, and one account with Welcome Pack. :)
What's channels are in the welcome pack?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

What's channels are in the welcome pack?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Locals (in HD where available)
73 LAFF
82 FeTV/Cozi TV
102 Dish Studio HD
107 Comedy Central HD
110 Food Network HD
112 HGTV HD
117 Pop
120 History Channel HD
127 Oxygen [also in America's Top 200]
128 We TV HD
139 TBS HD
161 MTV 2
166 CMT HD
167 axs HD
175 Boomerang [also in America's Top 200]
179 Discovery Family HD [also in America's Top 200]
183 TLC HD
185 Hallmark HD [also in America's Top 200]
203 Bloomberg Television HD [also in America's Top 250]
209 msnbc HD
210 CSPAN
214 The Weather Channel HD
245 Fido
259 INSP
260 TBN
261 EWTN
264 KTV
266 Angel Two
279 CCTV News
280 RT News
286 NASA
393 Pursuit (Hunting)
823 Baby First TV
9403 BYUTV
9406 Classic Arts Showcase
9410 Link
9415 Free Speech Television

**There are more channels like shopping channels, religious channel, public interest channels, infomercial channels, etc. that are not listed above.

Reactions: Troch77
73 Blue Highways Television/LAFF
82 FeTV/Cozi TV
102 Dish Studio HD
107 Comedy Central HD
110 Food Network HD
112 HGTV HD
117 Pop
120 History Channel HD
127 Oxygen [also in America's Top 200]
128 We TV HD
139 TBS HD
161 MTV 2
166 CMT HD
167 axs HD
175 Boomerang [also in America's Top 200]
179 Discovery Family HD [also in America's Top 200]
183 TLC HD
185 Hallmark HD [also in America's Top 200]
203 Bloomberg Television HD [also in America's Top 250]
209 msnbc HD
214 The Weather Channel HD
223 NewsMax
259 INSP
260 TBN
261 EWTN
264 KTV
266 Angel Two
279 CCTV News
280 RT News
286 NASA
393 Pursuit (Hunting)
823 Baby First TV
9403 BYUTV
9406 Classic Arts Showcase
9410 Link
9415 Free Speech Television
Obviously not Newsmax.
But thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: pattykay

Could one actually do this, or would that be considered stacking?

Stacking is two locations on the same account, not 2 accounts at the same location.

Since the cat is out of the bag so to speak regarding bbc world news. I'll post this for speculation, we won't know anything for sure till 8/4.

upload_2016-7-28_11-33-49.png

upload_2016-7-28_11-34-26.png

Since the cat is out of the bag so to speak regarding bbc world news. I'll post this for speculation, we won't know anything for sure till 8/4.

View attachment 118964

View attachment 118965

So, you can't subscribe to AT250 and get BBC World Service on the satellite? I.E. You'd have to drop down to a lower tier and subscribe to the news package to get it on satellite? As it now stands, unless something changes?
And, I assume that as stupid as they have been with all of these shenanigans you'll have to get the Flex pack to get the MTV Suite?

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)