Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

Do we have to wait until August 4th to switch to Flex Pack if we want the $5 auto-pay credit? If I am going to switch packages, I would prefer to do it at the start of my billing cycle, which is the 27th. (I do not like partial-month charges / credits.)

I talked to retention and switched my parents account to the flex pack with locals. The guy was surprised we knew about it since it hasnt been made public. He also said that he never heard of SatelliteGuys but will check it out. My parents have an existing $10 credit on their account. He mentioned that when the flex pack is made "public" that anyone with the flex pack that tries to cancel $10 off for 6 months is the most retention will be allowed to give a customer to keep them from cancelling. If they are getting the $5 autopay credit already then additional $5 for 6 months will be all

It's not for everyone. If the existing packages fit your needs, then stay with them. If you can find a better deal with what you watch, then switch. People have different viewing habits so nothing can be for everyone.
The problem with my situation is that I would have to add Heartland before August 4th if I want to be "grandfathered" for it, or else I would have to switch to Flex Pack if I ever wanted to add Heartland later. If I can get the $5 per month auto-pay credit, making Flex Pack only $29.99 per month, that would mean that Flex Pack (without locals or Heartland) is only $4 per month higher than Welcome Pack + Heartland at $25.99 per month, which might make the switch worth it for me.

It would seem idiotic to add a 1st receiver fee to only those with Flex Pack. That would reduce the value to zero in one fell swoop and would be a good way to see even more subscriber losses IMO.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk
EXACTLY! If they add any more damn FEES to my bill I will be out of here. Supposedly the first receiver fee at .00 is to show subs the value of what they have with DISH over the competition. But with the hopper you are already paying a $15.00 dvr fee ,so I see that there really isn't any savings. DISH needs to CUT down the amount of the fees in order to attract new subs, not RAISE them and CREATE more of them. My God , I pay $29.00 in fees now with the hopper/joey/4k joey, that is too much in my eyes already. :strike

I talked to retention and switched my parents account to the flex pack with locals. The guy was surprised we knew about it since it hasnt been made public. He also said that he never heard of SatelliteGuys but will check it out. My parents have an existing $10 credit on their account. He mentioned that when the flex pack is made "public" that anyone with the flex pack that tries to cancel $10 off for 6 months is the most retention will be allowed to give a customer to keep them from cancelling. If they are getting the $5 autopay credit already then additional $5 for 6 months will be all

What about us that already have the FLEX pack? I didn't see any $5.00 auto pay credit on my bill yet and I have had auto pay going back years now. Do I have to call and ask why I'm not getting it?

Reactions: peggy97850
What about us that already have the FLEX pack? I didn't see any $5.00 auto pay credit on my bill yet and I have had auto pay going back years now. Do I have to call and ask why I'm not getting it?
That is why I asked the following question:

Do we have to wait until August 4th to switch to Flex Pack if we want the $5 auto-pay credit?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
EXACTLY! If they add any more damn FEES to my bill I will be out of here. Supposedly the first receiver fee at .00 is to show subs the value of what they have with DISH over the competition. But with the hopper you are already paying a $15.00 dvr fee ,so I see that there really isn't any savings. DISH needs to CUT down the amount of the fees in order to attract new subs, not RAISE them and CREATE more of them. My God , I pay $29.00 in fees now with the hopper/joey/4k joey, that is too much in my eyes already. :strike

I pay $64 in fees. Hopper 3, five Joeys and a 211k.

Wow! just WOW!:eeek

I am out of contract and I call them to let them know what AT&T/DTV is offering to bundle customers for two years, so far I have gotten $40 off for six months twice, and half price premiums, even with the fees makes it about the same as the AT&T discount would be for two years to bundle my wireless services and I don't have to use DirecTv's horrible equipment.

Just looked.... It's MyTV. Dish added this sub-channel from various Sinclair stations a few months ago.
It is not "MyTV" nor is it "MeTV". It is FETV which broadcasts COZI-TV. LAFF (Channel 73) is another sub-channel Dish added a while back. That would be nice to include in locals as well.

Reactions: yomama
I am out of contract and I call them to let them know what AT&T/DTV is offering to bundle customers for two years, so far I have gotten $40 off for six months twice, and half price premiums, even with the fees makes it about the same as the AT&T discount would be for two years to bundle my wireless services and I don't have to use DirecTv's horrible equipment.
I can relate to the credits off. I got $65.00 a month for a year that ended last May and I'm getting $40.00 off for 6 months now. But with the FLEX pack after this six months are up , I won't be getting those credits off anymore. I have only three people in my house , so that is one receiver for each for us. I use an hdmi splitter on my hopper 3 to get it to my computer room as well as my living room.

But I think that the fees are too high now. DISH complains about the price of programming that they are forced to pay ,but they create the fees and charge what they want in and they don't see how that creates churn as well . Early last decade Charlie bragged about "tape less record" 500/501 pvrs and NO Pvr FEES while the competition (DIRECTV) charged $9.00 a month to do the same thing." DISH attracted like 2 million subs back then in short order. That is what DISH needs again. They desperately need to GROW their company again before they lose all of their sub base. FLEX packs help attack half the problem with programming costs , but DISH has done nothing on their end to address the high costs of their dvr fees and additional receiver fees that they hiked to the stratosphere in 2010 with the new classes of additional receiver fees. The bean counters took a lot of little small fees( tv 2 fee, phone connection fee) and rolled them into one big additional receiver fee per class of receiver. That is where we got the $17.00 additional receiver fee for a second VIP 722k on your account.

IF DISH was smart they would find a way to cut these fees in half and make them look even better for saving money than the competition. Advertise the fee reduction in conjunction with the roll out of the new Flex packs and you would have a built in recipe for Growth once again. You have to spend a little money to make some more. So this is the time to really shake up the market with low priced fees and low priced Flex packs.:bigok

I would also keep an eye on a first receiver fee with the Flex Pack......

You did miss something! :) You are not locked into anything. Want to watch the Olympics, get a regular package for a month. Casual sports fan and it's getting to the end of the season and they fighting for a playoff spot? Get the add on with your RSN, then drop it.

Yes I've rolled this way switching between packages several times yearly but the little asterisk now says I lose my grandfathered favorite package outside football season (Smart pack + Outdoors pack) no longer allowed.
This changes everything because the flex doesn't have many channels I watch so would need Flex+local news pack+news pack+outdoors pack and I still lose channels I watch all the time like Science, Investigation Discovery and CBS Sports Network.

I had hope originally with this flex option but after looking carefully this is the deal killer ( Not being able to add Outdoor pack + Smart package or even Starter if I change packages).
Makes my decision easier to cancel tomorrow since I've already reactivated Directv because of NFL dispute. I was actually looking for a work around if affordable trying to keep the HD outdoor package which Directv sadly doesn't offer.

Normally I would of cancelled already but when I called for cancellation 2 weeks ago they offered all the movie channels and Outdoor for (3 months) free.
When I call tomorrow I'll ask about doing ale-cart=Local networks + Outdoors package + Movie Pack and no core. If they allow I'll stick around at least a while longer.

Reactions: pattykay and Tampa8
I pay $47 in fees.
And in a year that will go up to $59
2- Hopper 2s
2- Joeys
2- 211z
How many people in your house watching all those receivers at the same time?

Asking the same thing, we only need 2 boxes, living room, basement, our 2 kids never used them, took them out and they never noticed, they use their Roku, tablets, computers, the only time my son watches live anything is Michigan Football which he gets via the apps on the Roku.

All the other rooms in the house ( our bedroom and quest-room ) have Rokus, with all the TV Everywhere apps we just do not need a cable box in those areas.

Reactions: dare2be and Tampa8
I pay $64 in fees. Hopper 3, five Joeys and a 211k.

Just to be crystal clear I want people to be able to afford what they want, when I see a huge mansion/house my thought is wow, that is nice, not what do they need that for. Everyone is different, has different priorities and if they can afford something, well as they say you only live once.

So that said, I pay $17 in fees for two rooms that would cost more with other providers. We were going to add a third room but since you save alot with DISH if you have two rooms, still save with three but not as much I decided to use the Fire Stick to sling to that room which has worked out tremendously well. We got a great deal on an "All In" OTA Tivo and use that also especially during times we want to watch something live, it gives us four more OTA tuners and completes having TV when needed in a fourth room and the workshop. Total investment for the TIVO was $249 no ongoing fees. It will pay for itself over adding receivers in about 1/2 to two years, of which we have about 1/2 year to go.
I have no contract, get decent discounts now and then.
With the Fire TV for other things even besides for watching DISH or even recorded DISH programs like HBO GO and with the TIVO we really would never use an actual DISH receiver in those rooms enough to matter. We can afford to watch TV how we want but then we looked at it what do really need to that and save some money. Doing it that way DISH is still the lower cost for any of our Cable or Directv choices. If you go big and with the newest equipment I do understsand the savings may not be as much.

Reactions: dare2be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts