Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

Ughh... this can get ugly for folks who had a broker or who have "moved" and are getting paperless billing. Will be difficult to get their hands on a card. I don't suppose you can buy these on Ebay anymore and activate them? Sigh... I knew Flex was too good to be true.

Ughh... this can get ugly for folks who had a broker or who have "moved" and are getting paperless billing. Will be difficult to get their hands on a card. I don't suppose you can buy these on Ebay anymore and activate them? Sigh... I knew Flex was too good to be true.
I also have a ViP211k that I got last year with a white G4 Smart Card in it, and I am not currently using that receiver. Let me know if you are interested.

BUT, do you get guide data for your locals if your receive them OTA only by not subbing to the $10 locals pack? If not it would be a big PITA.
So far, no one with Flex + Locals pack has volunteered (myself included) to remove the Locals package and see what happens. My suspicion is that the guide data will be lost.

can someone with the flex pack with locals tell me if they get all the same locals they did before they switched packs..

Can someone elaborate on the Smart Card requirement?
Dish's reps can "elaborate" all that is needed regarding this. It's a non-issue though since if you don't have the current card, Dish will send one and then you can switch packages. If you live in Canada or have moved in order to get different locals, well, that's the risk you took doing that....

Looks like it. This makes sense because folks might be getting locals OTA so, again, if you don't need/want it, then don't have to pay for it.

This is how it was for me for the first 9 years, 2000-09. I only signed up for locals when I got my DVR to get the guide data.

For new customers it's going to be marketed for $39.99. Here's how....sub to the flex pack for $34.99, add any channel pack for $10.00 and with the $5.00 auto pay discount it will be $39.99.

Though the card in the first thread says $29.99 without locals including the $5 discount. Nowhere should the Flex pack alone show as $39.99. But again, can't be said enough we are not at Aug 4th yet so everything may not be in place, till, oh I'd say January... :)

Reactions: bobvick
Your earlier post with channel lineup shows it at $34.99 regular price

It is 34.99, what I've read it's going to be marketed for new customers at $39.99 including 1 $10 channel pack and autopay.

I suppose it's creative marketing on Dish's part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)