Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

Since I have been waiting literally YEARS for BBC World Service to be available via satellite in the USA (I remember hearing in 1993-94 that USSB was going to offer it on DSS, LOL never happened), I downgraded from AT250 to AT200, by doing that, I got the option to add the "News Pack" for $10. I also had to "add" Encore back for $6 and Heartland for $6 to get RuralTV/FamilyNet for the old shows. So, I end up paying more for a little less, just what Dish wants I guess. It was simpler than changing to DirecTV for it (even though it's in HD on DTV) and I absolutely hate DirecTV's equipment with a passion. But what some fu*#ked up $h#t to have to do to get BBC World Service. I don't know why they can't just be normal and put it in AT250 and AEP for FREE along with the MTV Suite too. They must be on acid in the programming and marketing department.

What channels are you going to miss by going with the Flex pack+locals+News pack+heartland pack +encore? That would come to $66.00 and you would get the BBC News as one of your news channels. As for Mtv I only watch like two of the shows(Scream and Teen Wolf) and I can buy the season on Amazon Prime and watch on my blu ray player when it comes on each week. I also will buy the season of Orphan Black on BBC America when it comes out next year on Amazon Prime as well. That to me is worth it not to have to pay all that extra money for one or two channels.

Since I have been waiting literally YEARS for BBC World Service to be available via satellite in the USA (I remember hearing in 1993-94 that USSB was going to offer it on DSS, LOL never happened), I downgraded from AT250 to AT200, by doing that, I got the option to add the "News Pack" for $10. I also had to "add" Encore back for $6 and Heartland for $6 to get RuralTV/FamilyNet for the old shows. So, I end up paying more for a little less, just what Dish wants I guess. It was simpler than changing to DirecTV for it (even though it's in HD on DTV) and I absolutely hate DirecTV's equipment with a passion. But what some fu*#ked up $h#t to have to do to get BBC World Service. I don't know why they can't just be normal and put it in AT250 and AEP for FREE along with the MTV Suite too. They must be on acid in the programming and marketing department.

BBC World service can be watched without DISH, I do it all the time just as I do with EuroNews which is harder to in the U.S. Seems like you went to alot of trouble to get one channel that can bee seen in other ways and gave up the Encore suite, Rural TV and whatever else to get it. DISH didn't make you do that configuration that's a choice to get one channel - a channel otherwise able to be seen in other ways.

Since Aug 4th has not yet arrived we just know for sure how it will shake out. Could BBC be added to the Top 250 then? Maybe, perhaps the contract for that does not start till then.
I certainly agree you would think BBC would be added to the Top 250 via Satellite (you can watch it through Dish Anywhere) It's possible DISH is getting ready to retire the Top 250 (and who knows the TOP system altogether) however since many channels that were only there are now in the lower tiers, which is why I dropped to the Top 200 for the first time in all these years of having DISH. Except for Encore Westerns and maybe Rural TV no channels were left that I cared about that are not in the Top 200. If they add BBC World Service to the top 250 I might go back to get that and the Encore channels. Otherwise I'll save the $10 and watch BBC as I have been.

But who knows, maybe those other channels will be added soon, and you can drop those other packs and go back to Top250.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Tampa8
BBC World service can be watched without DISH, I do it all the time just as I do with EuroNews which is harder to in the U.S. Seems like you went to alot of trouble to get one channel that can bee seen in other ways and gave up the Encore suite, Rural TV and whatever else to get it. DISH didn't make you do that configuration that's a choice to get one channel - a channel otherwise able to be seen in other ways.
How do you get it reliably "in other ways"? I don't like having to go through a whole process to my Apple TV or my Roku, or the apps on my TV just to watch news, I had much rather just key in the channel number and go there. Also, the fastest DSL speed I can get is 4.0Mbps and it goes up and down all the time, so I don't always necessarily have the luxury of streaming, now, most of the time I do, but not all of the time.
Also, Dish IS making me get that package and all of the other add on's to get that channel, and the other channels that I WANT.
DirecTV, Comcast, UVerse, FiOS, Charter, they all have BBC World Service in their highest tier and it is in HD on most all of them, I know it is on DirecTV, FiOS, and UVerse and I assume now most Charter and Comcast cable systems.
Dish is the hold out that is just making it available to the lower tier packages by way of an additional $10 price.
If this becomes the new norm for Dish, adding new channels, sticking them in an "add on" that you have to drop to lower tiers to get, then, I will be saying bye bye in spite of DirecTV's horrible equipment.

Reactions: reddice
I don't mean this in a smart a** way, why not just switch now and get that one channel you want? If you consider using a Roku or an app on a TV a whole process then it really seems to me you should just switch. I watch Euronews for awhile at least once a day unless something big is happening overseas with virtually no effort. As much as I have wanted it back on DISH I wouldn't go through contortions to get it.

I don't mean this in a smart a** way, why not just switch now and get that one channel you want? If you consider using a Roku or an app on a TV a whole process then it really seems to me you should just switch.

How do you get it on a Roku?
Also, did you not read the part where I don't exactly have excess bandwidth falling out my a$$ here, that crappy CenturyLink just barely even provides DSL on a subsistence level here.
The reason I do not switch is I hate DirecTV's equipment and the f'ed up way you have to get 4K through your TV's RVU client or a C61.
I use my Roku and my AppleTV for Hulu, AmazonPrime, and AcornTV. I just like the convenience of not having to go through all of that just to watch news right quick. Besides, I'm the one paying the $$$$ why does it bother you? I just think it is dumb that they don't do like every other provider and put it in as a regular news channel.

Besides, I'm the one paying the $$$$ why does it bother you?

You posted here about this, complaining and how you may have to end up switching etc etc. The way it works if you post there will be comments. I gave constructive info that you feel is going through a whole process to do. I was clear that I was sincere in asking why not just switch now. You may have jumped the gun with all the changes you made we will presumably know more in a few days.
But the icing on the cake? It's YOU who are complaining on the cost VS loss of channels and it's ME trying tell you how to go back to the way it was or at least wait.

You posted here about this, complaining and how you may have to end up switching etc etc. The way it works if you post there will be comments. I gave constructive info that you feel is going through a whole process to do. I was clear that I was sincere in asking why not just switch now. You may have jumped the gun with all the changes you made we will presumably know more in a few days.
But the icing on the cake? It's YOU who are complaining on the cost VS loss of channels and it's ME trying tell you how to go back to the way it was or at least wait.

You still haven't told me how to get BBC World on a Roku.
I didn't mean to sound like a smarta$$.
I know that I have other options, I appreciate your telling me that you can get it on Roku. I knew you could but I did not think you could in the USA.
Also, I appreciate your other suggestions that you made.
I did not mean to sound like I was attacking your suggestions personally.
My bitching is primarily about the direction that Dish "appears" as of now to be taking with new channel additions, sticking them in some add on package you have to pay extra to get, when most other providers put the them in their tiered packages.
Regarding the AT250, we will know for sure on Wednesday, however, I do not look for the situation to change.

Reactions: Troch77 and Tampa8
Golf channel is included in the flex pack even the Dish Network agent that I talked to said that that golf channel is included in the flex pack and golf channel is not in free preview this month

It is not listed in the channels in the Flex pack on post #1, please see. Do you have the Flex pack? If not then perhaps we could confirm it with someone that does.

Yes I just started subscribing to the flex pack and the local pack today

According to the "Perks" section of the MyDish.com website, Golf Channel is indeed in free preview this month from Friday 07/15/16 to Friday 08/12/16, so, going by the screen shots posted in post #1 which do not list the Golf Channel in the package, it would be prudent to say it is NOT included in the Flex pack.

Reactions: Troch77
Golf channel is included in the flex pack even the Dish Network agent that I talked to said that that golf channel is included in the flex pack and golf channel is not in free preview this month

One of the Dish agents is liable to tell you HBO is in there for free, if they think it's what you want to hear, and it'll shut you up.
Only ones I have found that are more stupid are CenturyLink CSRs, terrible, absolutely terrible. They make Dish look like a brain trust.

I think you guys need to check Channel 103 and you'll see that the golf channel is not in free preview right now
5a7021a29807e12cdd598e95c40da3fb.jpg

bc4e1161ab5eeb129be83f21e3cdf00b.jpg

Golf Channel Free preview.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: bobvick
As far as BBC, Euro News, etc, check out the massive list of Private channels, by googling Private Roku channels. There is Sky News UK as well as other channels with many European news channels. You can add the app with your computer to the Roku. Many of these private channels are new and the person just has to hunt for them. Check out FilmOn.tv. There are many International channels there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)