Flex pack is still a great value, are the rules still the same?

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I have just switched back to FLEX after a while and saved about $50 on my bill, still a great value depending on which channels you can and can't live without.

Question:

Are the rules for Flex pack still the same regarding adding and removing add-ons without the dreaded $5 programming change fee because you didn't wait 30 days? I remember being able to subscribe to the sports pack for the weekend to watch a football game and then get rid of it and only pay for the short time it was active. I even discovered that there was no charge at all if the add and remove happened on the same day. Are there specific add-ons where this is true and others where it isn't?

Background info:

Back when the Olympics were upcoming, I upgraded from FLEX to AT200 to be able to see the 4KHDR and just never bothered switching back as it didn't seem that much more at the time.

Yesterday I got my latest statement and discovered my bill had gone up a ridiculous amount, apparently my two year price guarantee, locals discount and autopay discount had all finally expired. I checked the channel lineups to be sure what I'd be losing, determined not much at all that I was actually interested in, so I switched back to Flex and took the six month offer for the Heartland pack (Mrs Pepper requires PixL, all Hallmark channels and UP; and we care not for news or sports unless there is a specific event). Switching from AT200+Locals+Movie Pack to FLEX+Locals+Heartland saved approximately $50 per month going forward.

Correct.....there is no charge of $5 or otherwise if you add and remove a Flex Pack pack in the same day. I hope they never change that.

Edit: the Latino pack may be different, now that I think about it.

Reactions: pattykay
Some of the older posts I found after posting this one indicated Latino and SiriusXM might be different. Just wanted to find someone who has done it recently to tell me if it still works or not. Per usual, I can't find that detail on DISH website.

Some of the older posts I found after posting this one indicated Latino and SiriusXM might be different. Just wanted to find someone who has done it recently to tell me if it still works or not. Per usual, I can't find that detail on DISH website.
I had the locals added accidentally. I immediately went to the website and removed them, and there was no charge. (I did get overcharged for the Latino Bonus Pack, but that is a different story.)

So, if you think about it, Flex Pack isn't really a sacrifice based on what channels you can do without (there are a few channels that can't be accessed, but most are), but only paying for them (if at all) when needed.

Still sucks ESPNU and ESPNews not in National Sports pack.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

In an ideal world, you could choose from a list of all available channels, and pay whatever Dish pays for each channel you want (plus their reasonable markup/profit margin) thus building an a la carte bundle of whatever channels you like. For me it might be a dozen or so channels.

That will never happen, because of the megacorporations that own dozens and hundreds of channels. They insist on deals where all of the crap channels nobody wants get bundled with the few that are popular. You want ESPNU? Sorry, only way we'll give you that is if you pay for a bunch of other stuff you'll never watch.

Reactions: Tampa8 and dare2be

I've only done it for the National Action Pack to add ESPN when there is a game on involving the U. at Buffalo or to watch pieces of the World Series of Poker. It works great for that.

That's how it was when Sat started. You only paid for each channel. Miss those days. Like you said XYZ now owns popular channel & crappy channel; so put em togother so the crappy channel makes money too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts