Flex Pack Options

tobsandmags

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
I’m trying out the flex pack. A couple of questions:

1) I’ve read that add-on “channel” packs can be added/removed without penalty and are prorated for the time you had it. Is that still true and does it apply to all add-on packages. There was a comment made a year ago on some other post that it didn’t apply to all of them.

2) Does the $52.99 flex pack price include any add-on packages at no extra cost? There were some older posts that discussed how it did and the local channel add-on was included by default.

1) I’ve read that add-on “channel” packs can be added/removed without penalty and are prorated for the time you had it. Is that still true and does it apply to all add-on packages. There was a comment made a year ago on some other post that it didn’t apply to all of them.

2) Does the $52.99 flex pack price include any add-on packages at no extra cost? There were some older posts that discussed how it did and the local channel add-on was included by default.
Add on packages are just that, add on. There is a monthly charge for them. If you, however, sub to one for a few days you will be prorated for those few days. If you sub to one in the morning and un-sub in the evening you will not be charged anything at all.

Hello, tobsandmags!

1) You are able to remove and add any of the channel packs without any penalty. You can view the list of the channel packs that are eligible for this setup here https://my.dish.com/flex-pack under the "Step 2" section.

2) The $52.99 pricing is only for the Flex Pack on its own. It would be $64.99 with the Local Channel Pack added.

Reactions: charlesrshell
1) You are able to remove and add any of the channel packs without any penalty. You can view the list of the channel packs that are eligible for this setup here https://my.dish.com/flex-pack under the "Step 2" section.
I'm still curious how much coke and how many prostitutes' Charlie needed to pull that off with the channel providers in negotiations.

Add on packages are just that, add on. There is a monthly charge for them. If you, however, sub to one for a few days you will be prorated for those few days. If you sub to one in the morning and un-sub in the evening you will not be charged anything at all.
Again... because this seems too good to be true, I can sub to National Action to watch MNF and then the next day unsub, and I pay for a day?

Again... because this seems too good to be true, I can sub to National Action to watch MNF and then the next day unsub, and I pay for a day?

Yes. However, if you do it as your next bill is being generated, you may see a charge for a pack and then it disappears when you auto-pay your bill. It also gets tricky if you add and drop a pack on the day your auto-pay is processed.

And technically, if you add a pack and then drop it before midnight that same day, there is no charge (there might be an exception for that with 1 or 2 of the packs but I don't recall which ones).

• Love
Reactions: Yespage
Wow. It is like Xmas everyday! Sub'd yesterday to National Action pack. Watched Patriots v Bills. Unsub'd today. It honestly feels like stealing.

Reactions: TheKrell
Like back when we got HBO, ESPN and everything free with our big dishes.
Back in the days, it was my Dad's big dish and I don't remember that stuff being free. What I do remember were all the wild feeds for sporting events that were very much free, and sometimes commercial free... and sometimes even announcer free. That and syndication of television programs before they were broadcasted. Yes, those were very special days!

But being able to sub to ESPN for a day... that is pretty cool too!

Reactions: TheKrell
I owned a C/KU band 12 foot satellite dish in 1988. Tons of free programming but the dish had to rotate to find the correct satellite. That would often take a minute to move between satellites. You had to buy a newspaper style guide to find them.

The programming was commercial free and the live programs like NFL football kept rolling during commercials. So, you could hear the production people and announcers talking. The football announcer, John Madden, would often talk to the million people watching the backhaul. He would tell us what he was going to talk about after the commercial or point out women in the stands. One announcer named Max Robinson (google him) said some nasty things during commercials and was fired. Unfortunately it was all in SD so the pictures were never great especially if you had a rear projection TV

But being able to sub to ESPN for a day... that is pretty cool too!

Be careful when you do this. I did it 3 times last month (adding and then removing the same day) and they only successfully applied 2 of them. The last one I did was on 11/17 and my bill is generated on the 20th of each month, and the removal of that 3rd instance didn't get captured in their billing system. So, I was billed for the pro-rated National Action pack and then auto-pay processed it showing that I still had that pack even though I didn't.

I just did a chat with DISH and my next bill will show a credit for the mistake. So keep an eye on your bill and watch when you add and remove packs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts