Flexible Coax Cable

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
We use a Tailgater in our RV and was wondering does anyone make a flexible rg6 cable that can stand up to rolling and unrolling and that resists kinking?
hanks

There is a certain minimum radius you should not bend coax beyond. Also- which receiver? The Hopper requires 3GHz cable. 2GHz is fine for previous receivers.

not really but you can roll up coax all day long as long as you don't do any hard bends. I suggest getting a roller to crank it up on and back off when using it.

I use dual coax for our ground tripod. I have had no problem keeping the cables in coils about 12" by rolling in the cable without twisting it. It d0es get to be a little challenge with the 100' pieces. I use both arms like a reel.

Is it critical to not twist the cable, no, but it looks better and outs less stress on the cables. Once twisting starts, it grows.

I only buy solid copper core coax.

I only use a windup reel with single coax cables.

How many feet do you need?

Depending on the footage, go with mini-coax...
http://hollandelectronics.com/catalog/catalog.php?product_id=mini-coax-video-cable

Technically its RG59, but if your doing a short run it should not make a difference in signal quality or loss. I use this stuff for headend installations, because its so small its very flexable and easy to work with.

You can probably get away with 50-75 Feet.

I got white, blue, black, and yellow in all single strands. PM if your looking to have one made up.

Just pay my actual cost plus shipping, which is about $.25 cents per foot plus $1.50 for each compression end.

Mini coax is on the top regular rg6 is on the bottom

Attachments

• image-3223189703.jpg
    image-3223189703.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 177
I'm sure there are small Teflon-insulated cables used on circuit cards. Note with a higher dielectric constant than polyethylene (RG-59) or air-gap poly (RG-6) the small cable sizes require special fittings, read expensive. There is a minimum radius of curvature there too.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)