Loosing wifi

I just got a Hopper With Sling today, and the wifi situation has been a bit odd. First, I was getting some breakups the first time I tried watching video with the Dish Anywhere app on my tablet. The wifi signal strength is around 53. I don't know whether that's good or not, although the strength bar was green. But anyway, I can't do any better since the wifi antenna is internal. (STUPID move, Dish! And does anybody know exactly where -- in the metal box! -- the antenna is located?) Later, I tried accessing the apps, and all I got was a blank screen, even though I had accessed the apps once before and everything worked. In retrospect, I wonder if the wifi connection was down and I just didn't know it. Finally, I managed to crash the HWS (unplugged an EHD -- does this happen every time you do that? I haven't tried to repeat it yet) and when it came back up, the wifi wasn't enabled and I had to go set it up again. (Will I have to do this every time the receiver goes down, i.e. for a power failure?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts