Flint market NBC25,Fox66 and The CW 46

No fights with ABC or "All" the networks. It is local channels owned by Sinclair extorting higher cost to carry their channels.... :) They pull this with all the cable networks.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sinclair-broadcast-dish-retransmission-negotiations-361837

This is exactly what the FCC is trying to change as I posted in another thread.
ehh I disagree..waaay back when CBS and Viacom were one company ..Dish had one heck of a fight over Local o/o affiliates and national cable channels..lots and lots of channels got pulled

I hope dish would do that for the flint market. Does dish usually put up replacement markets??
They Only can do it if there is no affiliate in the market. In alpena there is no nbc. So dish can import one. If it gets pulled because of a dispute dish can substitute a different affiliate.

This is the only example of dish being able to substitute a network

Traverse City 7&4 and 29&8 are showing the same thing. This puts all major networks in Traverse City off of Dish

Thanks!

Well, that screws me. I will switch my recording shows on these channels over to my new Tivo Roamio until they get it back.

I'm still tweaking my antenna system a tad more, as I have issues receiving Wjrt-12 (high vhf) 100% of the time. So, I can't dump Dish as of yet.

WJRT is not affected

just saw on ABC channel 2( portland,or) we will lose the network saturday night. Dish fighting with all networks or just ABC? this is getting old...anybody know what is happening??

Yes, ABC KOMO4 in Seattle has the same crawl. Ditto, what's up? Didn't we just play this last year? I understand why people are cutting the chord & sat links.

Traverse City 7&4 and 29&8 are showing the same thing. This puts all major networks in Traverse City off of Dish
One company owns all (4) ? I know it's not unheard of - I grew up in Lima OH and it's that way today. When I grew up there, there was just an NBC affiliate and we got ABC and CBS from either Toledo, Columbus or Dayton (in some cases, two options for some networks). There was no FOX even available, if I'm not mistaken.

One company owns all (4) ?

Sinclair owns one and runs the other. Both stations have network subchannels. So yeah they'd lose all 4 nets if they get pulled.

Since both are full powered Sinclair can't legally own both. I know in Lima Elliot block can own both as one is low powered.

ehh I disagree..waaay back when CBS and Viacom were one company ..Dish had one heck of a fight over Local o/o affiliates and national cable channels..lots and lots of channels got pulled

What the heck are you talking about? He asked if DISH is currently in a dispute with ABC or the Networks. They are not.

Sinclair owns one and runs the other. Both stations have network subchannels. So yeah they'd lose all 4 nets if they get pulled.

Since both are full powered Sinclair can't legally own both. I know in Lima Elliot block can own both as one is low powered.

Dish is in a contract issue with 9&10 and fox 32 which is owned by heritage broadcast

Now 7&4 and 29&8 are part of this contract issue

Result no locals

I know that. I just was bringing up the point that I still have some tweaks left to attempt on the vhf antenna on my OTA antenna system, BEFORE I can dump Dish once and for all.

Not sure if it will work down there. But up here a lot of people are changing their service address to zip code 48075 and picking up Detroit

The other uplink report is showing the big song and dance However Saginaw and Traverse City are not on it

Well this really sucks. For all that will be involved in this latest "We all want more money" fight, I sure hope yours does not last as long as WWTV from Cadillac, MI. That is getting almost to three months now. Now I see channel 7 from Traverse City. Sure happy I am able to get all these OTA. A real bummer for others.
Primestar31,
Michigan is not the place to retire. Too cold all the time. Arizona is where it is nice....:)

Primestar31,
Michigan is not the place to retire. Too cold all the time. Arizona is where it is nice....:)

My son got married 3 months ago. Since then ALL my wife can talk about is grand-kids. Which are probably years away yet. She now won't move very far away, and all she wants to to babysit them 24/7/365.

I'm doomed....

So Tawas area was a compromise. Nice area, "ocean side" (lake Huron), hospital, lots of support for older folks, however winters suck. But I'm only 80~ miles away from there now, so am already used to the winters, as they aren't that much worse up there.

Reactions: Tampa8 and RT-Cat
Well this really sucks. For all that will be involved in this latest "We all want more money" fight, I sure hope yours does not last as long as WWTV from Cadillac, MI. That is getting almost to three months now. Now I see channel 7 from Traverse City. Sure happy I am able to get all these OTA. A real bummer for others.
Primestar31,

None of you ride snowmobiles? Michigan is great in the winter (Mio area)

None of you ride snowmobiles? Michigan is great in the winter (Mio area)

Serious snowmobile accident at age 17 in 1976. Had my right leg 1/2 cut off above the knee (the bone never broke, and it's healed now, but no feeling due to severed nerves) and broke my neck. They didn't know my neck was broken, so never stabilized it. The broken neck has caused issues the rest of my life, and I finally had surgery in 2007 at the point where I had over 90% compression of my spinal cord. Fused 3 levels, and added a titanium plate, wore a hard collar for over a year. Doctor afterwards admitted he should have also added some rods for stability. The surgery was successful, but I no longer have an innate sense of balance. I have to make sure I always look at a horizon (line level with floor), or I don't know which way is "up", lol Bending over to tie my shoe can get interesting...

I've never been on a snowmobile since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)