Flint MI DMA NBC HD WEYI 25 out of sync

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
In the Flint MI DMA NBC WEYI 25 the HD channel's audio and video are out of sync when played in dolby digital on my sony surround system. The only other channel I have noticed this on is NFL network so I don't think it is my setup. The receiver I'm having this problem on is a 211k fed to my receiver through HDMI and then from the receiver to the TV.

Our 722k upstairs is connected via component cables with no surround system. The problem either isn't there or it is much less noticeable when played through my analog red and white cables on this setup.

I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem I am having. If it was there you would definitely notice because it is very obvious and annoying.

Just an update. WNEM 5 CBS seems to be slightly off too but not as bad as NBC. ABC 12 and Fox 66 along with the national channels all seem to be fine except NFL network like I mentioned earlier. I can also receive WNEM 5 and WEYI 25 OTA and both of them display normally in HD with the dolby digital sound synced correctly through the same setup I am having the problem with. The reason I didn't notice the issue with WNEM 5 before is that I always use OTA for that channel. I would prefer not to have to use NBC WEYI 25 OTA because the signal is not reliable. I get frequent picture and sound break up and sometimes the channel doesn't come in at all.

King3pj,
Are you still experiencing this issue? I just got here today and I'm not seeing any current issues with that channel but I can't speak for last night. If you still are having that issue we may want to check the signal off that channel since you mentioned picture and sound break up.

I'm at work now so I wont be able to check until tonight. The picture and sound break up I was talking about was only when I watch the channel OTA. The only reason I mentioned the OTA was to say that the sound isn't out of sync when I watch it that way but the antenna signal isn't reliable enough to watch on a regular basis.

I did check NFL network again this morning and the problem seems to have been fixed now. I was actually experiencing the problem with NFL network during the draft so it has been a few weeks now. There was another thread with other people using surround sound having the same problem as me on NFL network. In that thread the only people who were having the problem were using audio receivers like me.

When you did your test did you use a sound receiver with dolby digital sound. The problem only seems to occur on our set that is using the sound receiver. The other TV that is only using analog sound doesn't seem to have the problem. I recently moved so I have only had Flint locals for a couple weeks but the NBC problem has been happening the entire time since I moved.

There is a feature on my receiver to delay the audio to try to sync it up with the lips. I have been able to get it to match up on this channel but when I do that the rest of my HD channels that were synced correctly in dolby digital are out of sync.

It is a temporary work around but I don't want to have to mess with my receivers settings every time I watch NBC only to have to mess with them again when I'm done.

Okay, I got the OTA part now, coffee must have kicked in. Yeah if it is still happening when you get home let me know I will get it escalated. I will send you a PM with all the info I will need to get it escalated.

I just wanted to say thanks to Zach from DIRT for escalating my issue and getting it taken care of. I'm not sure when exactly it was fixed but I noticed today that there is no longer and audio sync problem on this channel. DIRT really is a great resource for us here in the Dish forum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts