Florida Channel power increase?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
The Florida Channel on 87w Ku moved to the old Florida Knowledge Network transponder, 12044 v 3200, recently. But tonight I see that I'm getting almost as strong a signal on this S2 transponder as I do on the regular transponders on this satellite. Before, both of the Florida channels were on the fringe of receivability for me. Did they just increase the power at the uplink, or is SES-2 operational instead of AMC-3 now? I haven't heard anything anywhere about that happening yet.

The Florida Channel on 87w Ku moved to the old Florida Knowledge Network transponder, 12044 v 3200, recently. But tonight I see that I'm getting almost as strong a signal on this S2 transponder as I do on the regular transponders on this satellite. Before, both of the Florida channels were on the fringe of receivability for me. Did they just increase the power at the uplink, or is SES-2 operational instead of AMC-3 now? I haven't heard anything anywhere about that happening yet.

Usually for me The Florida Channel is in the mid to low 50s on the AZBox, which is just above dropout. It is now at 65-67. They must have fed the hamster! Don't think SES-2 is even at 87 yet (Lyngsat says it is at 77).

it's probably because there is one less signal on the transponder after the move.

Which one, Florida Channel or Florida Knowledge Network? FKN is defunct. If you're scanning in Florida Channel but not being able to view it, my guess is that you aren't getting a sustained high enough signal quality for the receiver to decode any video.

I'd say you're exactly correct. It scanned in sometime in the past as FLORIDA CHANNEL. I am viewing its tp frequency now with no signal quality at all. In fact, KTEL is only 30% (hardly watchable, breaking up) and even LPB is gone. And I've peaked the dish as precisely as possible. Patient and MTA are as strong as ever. Is there some FTA rule that says signal quality is inversely proportionate to the desirability for watching the associated station? Just thinking of MTA...

Is there some FTA rule that says signal quality is inversely proportionate to the desirability for watching the associated station?

Yep, and I learned that rule a long time ago!

EDIT: Along with the rule, if a channel/mux you like moves to a new satellite, it will be the worst satellite that you can receive!

Florida Channel seems to be like the AM stations ;)
real high signal during the day
real low at night

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts