Fluance XL7F Speaker System - Review

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
1013fluance.promo_.jpg

The real prize of the XL7 system is the XL7F tower; it’s the first good-sounding full-range speaker I’ve heard under $500 per pair. In fact, you could even call it the ultimate budget rock ’n‘ roll speaker. You could spend the same money on good minimonitors and get more refined sound, but you’d lose out on the bass and dynamics. The XL7C mates well with the XL7F, too. I wouldn’t buy the XL7S on its own—there are better minimonitors for less—but it’ll do as a surround speaker for an XL7F/XL7C system. I’d be tempted to experiment with the XLBP bipolar surround, though, especially considering Fluance offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

So are these speakers for you? That’s like asking if you’d rather spend the same money for a six-pack of Lagunitas Maxiumus double IPA or three sixes of Budweiser. There’s no right answer to the question. For my taste, I’d prefer a little more refinement, but audio’s a big deal for me and I’m fortunate enough to have a decent disposable income. For a budget-strapped listener wanting an affordable system that doesn’t compromise on muscle or style, the XL7’s about as good as it gets.

Link

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)