FM Radio

OhioDon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Ohio
I hope to get a sound bar for Christmas. Hopefully either the ZVOX 555 or ZVOX 580. The ZVOX has 2 Component, 1 Optical Digital, and 1 Coaxial Digital input. I plan to connect my TV using the Optical Digital input on the ZVOX. It also has a front 3.5 mm jack for connecting an ipod or similar device.

Here's my question: I would occasionally like to listen to FM radio. What device could I buy with an FM tuner that would have a Coaxial Digital output that I could connect to the ZVOX? I don't need much (if any) amp because the ZVOX will be the amp. (I think?)

Why not just use the analog input?Any old AM/FM tuner will do and it is just analog FM radio.

Yes, that would definitely work. But, I would kind of like something that has an antenna to get more stations (we're pretty rural) and that looks nice in the entertainment center and connected from the back as a permanent connection. The ZVOX has analog RCA (red and white) in the back but I would need a tuner with RCA outputs.

This is not a huge deal to me, I'm just curious as to what other people do. Does no one listen to FM radio anymore? Or, do they use a tuner/amp connected to surround sound or what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)