Food Channel coming in HD in June

Ghostwalker said:
I love food no different than any other back yard barbecue gourmet slinging spatula Hells Kitchen chef…..but I rather see Sci-Fi HD. Atlantis starts in 9 days!

You and me and a few million other people both..but there is not such beast even in the planing stages... Ive read that they get to see it in HD down-unda.

heh, I can think of a backroom comment for Giada and HD and down-unda.

But back on topic, it just surprises me no Sci-Fi HD is even contemplated. What a great bunch of content for HD.

SatinKzo said:
But back on topic, it just surprises me no Sci-Fi HD is even contemplated. What a great bunch of content for HD.

I'm not a big fan of the SciFi channel, but I would imagine that a lot of the programming on SciFi isn't able to be broadcast in HD. Some of the effects and such probably won't convert to HD that well.

Jeff_R said:
I'm not a big fan of the SciFi channel, but I would imagine that a lot of the programming on SciFi isn't able to be broadcast in HD. Some of the effects and such probably won't convert to HD that well.

Most of their content is already shot in HD. They show it in letterbox. I would happily pay extra for SciFi if it was available .

Turd Fergeson said:
Most of their content is already shot in HD. They show it in letterbox. I would happily pay extra for SciFi if it was available .

Me too. I don't get what people get out of watching people cook food. It seems a bit boring to me, but then again sports aren't my cup of tea either. Okay how bout we get both Food hd and Sci fi hd? :hungry:

I wonder how much SCI-FI is actually HD and how much would be upconvert (letterboxed doesn't mean HD, it means 16x9) still though i'd welcome it (like a NGHD simulcast type of channel).

FoodHD, it's not just people cooking food (though there is quite a bit of that) there are quite a few cool shows (Iron Chef, HOTS, Good Eats, Secret Life of...)

And it's a huge wife plus (personally I'd rather watch FOODHD than NGHD if I had a choice).

Yeah Sci-Fi HD would be my first choice over FoodHD but as long as we get one of them.

I got a response from someone at Scripps who said they have 60 days to launch. And this makes sense, because if you calculate that HGTV was launched on April 10 and Dish launched it exactly 60 days laser on June 9. So if things are correct we should see Food Network HD by August 30.

Turd Fergeson said:

Yep, and shown on UHD.

And also shown new on BEV canadian services like MHD. I love SG:Atlantis in HD the same weekend it is shown here in LO-RES crap on SCIFI

So I just googled Giada De Laurentiis. I haven't seen her show, but I may have to look it up- I didn't know she wrote "Everyday Italian." We cook a lot of Indian and Italian dishes.

As to those folks who don't see the value of Food in HD- I was taught "People eat with their eyes." Most folks appreciate presentation, the appearance of the food. A good looking dessert will sell better. The appearance of the food affects how we perceive it's taste. And if you are "into" cooking shows, the better looking food, free of the many artifacts of NTSC, will be perceived and appreciated. And if we thereby desire that food more, we may be more likely to buy the chef's cookbooks and watch the show more. Makes the folks producing the show and advertising on it happy.

My wife's only timers are Good Eats, Iron Chef, Iron Chef America, and Ham on the Street (All Food Network). She also watches CNN and Headline News a lot....

She is constantly asking me when the HD channel is going live.... Then again, since my wife's name is Gina, her bloodline's passion for cooking is readily apparent (her great grandmother left the Tuscan region of Italy before World War II)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts