Food HD - Coming to Dish Network In June!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
leo250 said:
That is great news about FOODHD, but I don't mean to be the grim reaper, have we confirmation from accountable sources that HGTV HD will be on April 10th?

Let's see if HGTV HD is uplinked tommorrow. I would think it would have to be uplinked tommorrow if we were to get it by Monday. Right ?

I don't believe there is any need to ever ask about whether a new HD channel is going to be in MPEG2 or MPEG4, they are all going to be in MPEG4.

With the big push to get all HD receivers converted over to MPEG4, Dish has no reason to ever release another new MPEG2 HD channel.

I don't believe that Dish has 3 million HD subs. That would be approx 1/4th of their total install base. And since only a small fraction would have come on board after 2/1, we are talking about replacing 3M+ (with many people having two) HD receivers. Nothing that I've seen in their numbers supports that they have this many HD subs. I would be surprised if they have half this many.

Gald that we are getting FoodHD I watch that one chick that makes the souther food which I love. Also HGTV got to good shows on their when it comes to updateing your house. Either way Dish is doing it right due to most folks I know that are new to getting HDTV Sets want to know who has the most HD. Well Dish does so Dish I see in the future will be picking up more customers just due to the fact they are adding HD Channels.

I don't think it's 3 million homes. I think a PR guy got "creative." I think they took into consideration that the average family has 2 point something kids, so there are 4 point something people in each Dish subscriber's home.

IIRC, there were postings with estimates of somewhere between 300,000 and 700,000 E* HD subscribers. That would be between, roughly, 1.5 million and 3 million sets of eyeballs. Very roughly, it seems to work out- if the copy guy (PR weenie) translated numbers of viewers into number of homes.

On Charlie Chat they said that Food HD and HGTV HD will only be available with
Mpeg4

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
well Dish already has them contracted and Scripps said that when it launchs

Where did you see this from Scripps? I have searched their website and can't find anything about HGTV-HD. I hope that it launches tomorrow, but I haven't seen that anywhere but here.

It's officially not launching today, per Mark Cicero (Scott started a thread to announce it).

We'll see how long it takes to add it after it becomes available - the clock starts this afternoon :D

OK. Who will get what? Will HGTV-HD and The Food Network-HD be available for subscribers of the HD-only package? OR Will a metal package be required to get these channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts