Food Network oddity

buaku

Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Ever since my 622 was updated a few days ago I notice that when I go to food network on ch 110 it shows the HD food network, but if I channel down then I get the regular food network. Anyone else notice this kind of behavior?

Ever since my 622 was updated a few days ago I notice that when I go to food network on ch 110 it shows the HD food network, but if I channel down then I get the regular food network. Anyone else notice this kind of behavior?

They did it on purpose. Their thinking is it helps people know there's a HD version available.

This was a feature added with the latest software upgrade. All of the HD channels such as ESPN, HGTV, TNT, etc. are mapped down next to their SD counterparts.

Yep, do a quick search for HD mapdown and you'll find more than you ever wanted to know about it. I actually like it, but if you would rather it was back the way it used to be go to local channel setup in the menu and you can disable it.

Thanks for all the info!
I tried searching for like food network and food tv, but I wasn't finding much.
I figured it had to do with the new update, but dind't know what I should have been looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts