For All Mankind (Apple TV+)

Before Season 3 starts this week, a few extra-credit assignments are available in the AppleTV+ app. There are AR objects like a Saturn V rocket (as well as the Soviet N1), space suits, lunar exploration vehicles, etc., to explore with iOS and iPadOS. Also, significant events from the alternate timeline years 1975 through 1982 are highlighted.

Before Season 3 starts this week, a few extra-credit assignments are available in the AppleTV+ app. There are AR objects like a Saturn V rocket (as well as the Soviet N1), space suits, lunar exploration vehicles, etc., to explore with iOS and iPadOS. Also, significant events from the alternate timeline years 1975 through 1982 are highlighted.
Those were good!

Those of us that grew up on Sci-Fi, are.
Tell me what you read of his works. Maybe my memory is going. :crying I have numerous bookshelves full of SciFi, and thought I was well-read. And before I was buying my own books, I got my parents to buy me the complete set of Tom Swift Jr. books.

I did not have a complete set of Tom Swift, Jr. books, just a handful. I see the CW has a series very loosely based on these stories.

How about the Lensman series by E.E. (Doc) Smith? Or his Skylark series?

Reactions: TheKrell
image.jpg

And congrats on getting your parents to buy you the full set. My parents never bought me a book. I used school and public libraries extensively.

image.jpg

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
So what is this? You have only TWO Knight books?
And congrats on getting your parents to buy you the full set. My parents never bought me a book. I used school and public libraries extensively.
Thanks. My libraries didn't have a complete set, so if yours did, then your library was better than my library. I think the author, whose name escapes me, made it up near 30.

Three. Counting “editor.” I seem to have lost most of the “Orbit” series.

And I never got to read all of the Swift series.

• Sad
I’m sure my Dad tossed all of my books when he sold the house we grew up in. I was in a one-bedroom apartment at the time and didn’t have the space to store stuff. “Tom Swift and…”
  • “the Atomic Caves of Fire”
  • “His Flying Lab”
  • ”the Electric Hydrolung” (or something like that, I’m not searching the interwebs for the answer”
  • ”the Visitor from Planet X” (I picked this up from Project Gutenberg)

• Love
  • “the Atomic Caves of Fire”
  • “His Flying Lab”
  • ”the Electric Hydrolung” (or something like that, I’m not searching the interwebs for the answer”
  • ”the Visitor from Planet X” (I picked this up from Project Gutenberg)
Well, my friend, the only one among those titles still familiar to my aging brain was Flying Lab. :crying I thought it was book #2, but it was book #1. His Jetmarine was book #2. Tom Swift Jr. - Wikipedia.

Reactions: Foxbat
”Polaris” showed up today. Space stations are hard. What could go wrong?

Loved the final scene. SOOOO Molly! But Gordo's kid has turned psycho!

Last edited: