For B.J.: UDP streaming

putney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
St Louis, missouri
B.J. , you stated that you were successful using VLC to stream to the Azbox. I've tried and had no luck. I'm not sure my port settings were correct on the Az. Perhaps my encoding was set wrong on VLC.

If you have time, could you list the settings in VLC and the Az to get it working?

...or provide a link? I may have missed it in another post.

Thanks,

Putney

B.J. , you stated that you were successful using VLC to stream to the Azbox. I've tried and had no luck. I'm not sure my port settings were correct on the Az. Perhaps my encoding was set wrong on VLC.

If you have time, could you list the settings in VLC and the Az to get it working?

...or provide a link? I may have missed it in another post.

Thanks,

Putney

It was Brent636 who got the UDP streaming working, and I was able to do it after reading his posts in the http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/194447-http-streaming-azbox-2.html thread, such as message #s 11, 22,23,24, 26 . I think most of the specifics I used are in msg 26.

I'd still like to figure out how to do HTTP streaming though, because that's what TSREADER uses to stream live content, while the VLC UDP streaming is for files. I guess that one could easily use TSREADER to save a file, and immediately start VLC streaming the file, to get near realtime streaming of live content, but that's kind of clunky.
I posted yesterday, that the Azbox seems to be not using the proper IP# when saving the "channel", either that, or the Azbox editor doesn't understand the format for the HTTP channels. If I get brave, I might try changing the IP# using the editor.

10 digits is the right number for an IP address in raw decimal format, so if it's not the right number I wonder where it's getting it.

10 digits is the right number for an IP address in raw decimal format, so if it's not the right number I wonder where it's getting it.

That is why I was confused, because I had plugged the 10 digit number into some calculators that convert from the raw decimal format into the regular IP format, and it didn't give the correct number {what I was referring to when I said usual methods in other thread}. And yet, the Azbox editor seemed to come up with the proper IP#, so I didn't know where it was getting it.
Adding to the confusion, I gave the same IP# when I tried to create the HTTP channel, and it gives a different number in the freq box where the 10 digit number shows up for the UDP channel.

I'll try using the IP converter again. Maybe I typed the number wrong.

I just did the IP# to raw decimal conversion thing again, and I figured out what was "wrong".

Before, I had entered my IP#, expecting to see the 10 digit number, but it didn't come up correct.

This time, I did the reverse, and entered the 10 digit number, and the results were interesting. The number came out to the REVERSE of the correct number.

For example, say I'm using an IP# like WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ , the decimal number that shows up in the Azbox converts to an IP# of ZZZ.YYY.XXX.WWW .
Ie for some reason, the 4 numbers are reversed in the Azbox. Not sure if there is some logical reason for that or not.

The number that shows up in my HTTP channel doesn't seem to correspond to anything, and isn't even close to 10 digits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)