KTEL not locking on AZBox HD Eite

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
KTEL not locking on AZBox HD Elite

I spent a frustating evening yesterday trying to get KTEL-TV, 11900 H 2170 SR @79.0°W (75% Q on AZBox meter) to lock on my AZBox (firmware version 0.9.4075). All other channels display on this Satellite. I had the same problem trying to lock another transponder with a 1863 SR, but I can't remember the Satellite name or location right now. Does this mean that the AZBox is not capable of locking on Transponders with a low Symbol Rate. It should be noted however that the Coolsat 5K lock and display the associated video without issues. Does anyone have a work around for this issue?:confused:

On a side note; I also noticed that the HD Icon does not get highlighted on the menu when you're watching HD content.:(

Last edited:
Babadem,

I checked on my AZBox Premium and I also could not lock this channel in. When I tried to scan, it showed that it was locked on the TP, but no channels were scanned in.

Here is how I was able to get it to work and scan in KTEL.

Delete TP 11900 from the AZBox list for 79.0W and re-enter it as 11901 with all the rest of the information the same. KTEL scanned in right away!

I believe that I had read this before, that the AZBox can be very picky about the EXACT TP frequency and this may be the same issue with other sats and TPs. I tried it with TP 11998 on 43.0W. For some reason I had entered or downloaded this TP as 11999 and it didn't like that. I might have got 11999 from a blind scan with my Coolsat. When changed to 11998 the channel scanned in fine.

RADAR

Babadem,

I checked on my AZBox Premium and I also could not lock this channel in. When I tried to scan, it showed that it was locked on the TP, but no channels were scanned in.

Here is how I was able to get it to work and scan in KTEL.

Delete TP 11900 from the AZBox list for 79.0W and re-enter it as 11901 with all the rest of the information the same. KTEL scanned in right away!

I believe that I had read this before, that the AZBox can be very picky about the EXACT TP frequency and this may be the same issue with other sats and TPs. I tried it with TP 11998 on 43.0W. For some reason I had entered or downloaded this TP as 11999 and it didn't like that. I might have got 11999 from a blind scan with my Coolsat. When changed to 11998 the channel scanned in fine. So is the 43.0W° issue ok now?

RADAR

Thanks RADAR. I will try your solution as soon as I get home. I think this should be reported as a bug.

I had the same problem, since I got my Premium with KTEL ( and reported it as a bug on OpenSat forum), but somehow recent version of firmware is scanning it just fine.
As for HD icon, I think, you have to set HD flag manually. For me, it is not working 'gadget', I have AZBox set to 'pillar box' and TV is 19:9, in the moment I tune to HD channel, AZBox is going to 'full screen' anyway.

Last edited:
sounds like the low symbol rate is goofing up the azbox

but then again I mainly use it for feeds so I havent tried it ;)

I had the same problem, since I got my Premium with KTEL ( and reported it as a bug on OpenSat forum), but somehow recent version of firmware is scanning it just fine.
As for HD icon, I think, you have to set HD flag manually. For me, it is not working 'gadget', I have AZBox set to 'pillar box' and TV is 19:9, in the moment I tune to HD channel, AZBox is going to 'full screen' anyway.

Yep! You're absolutely right! I thought this was supposed to be automatic?:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts