KTEL not locking on AZBox HD Eite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
KTEL not locking on AZBox HD Elite

I spent a frustating evening yesterday trying to get KTEL-TV, 11900 H 2170 SR @79.0°W (75% Q on AZBox meter) to lock on my AZBox (firmware version 0.9.4075). All other channels display on this Satellite. I had the same problem trying to lock another transponder with a 1863 SR, but I can't remember the Satellite name or location right now. Does this mean that the AZBox is not capable of locking on Transponders with a low Symbol Rate. It should be noted however that the Coolsat 5K lock and display the associated video without issues. Does anyone have a work around for this issue?:confused:

On a side note; I also noticed that the HD Icon does not get highlighted on the menu when you're watching HD content.:(

Last edited:
Babadem,

I checked on my AZBox Premium and I also could not lock this channel in. When I tried to scan, it showed that it was locked on the TP, but no channels were scanned in.

Here is how I was able to get it to work and scan in KTEL.

Delete TP 11900 from the AZBox list for 79.0W and re-enter it as 11901 with all the rest of the information the same. KTEL scanned in right away!

I believe that I had read this before, that the AZBox can be very picky about the EXACT TP frequency and this may be the same issue with other sats and TPs. I tried it with TP 11998 on 43.0W. For some reason I had entered or downloaded this TP as 11999 and it didn't like that. I might have got 11999 from a blind scan with my Coolsat. When changed to 11998 the channel scanned in fine.

RADAR

Babadem,

I checked on my AZBox Premium and I also could not lock this channel in. When I tried to scan, it showed that it was locked on the TP, but no channels were scanned in.

Here is how I was able to get it to work and scan in KTEL.

Delete TP 11900 from the AZBox list for 79.0W and re-enter it as 11901 with all the rest of the information the same. KTEL scanned in right away!

I believe that I had read this before, that the AZBox can be very picky about the EXACT TP frequency and this may be the same issue with other sats and TPs. I tried it with TP 11998 on 43.0W. For some reason I had entered or downloaded this TP as 11999 and it didn't like that. I might have got 11999 from a blind scan with my Coolsat. When changed to 11998 the channel scanned in fine. So is the 43.0W° issue ok now?

RADAR

Thanks RADAR. I will try your solution as soon as I get home. I think this should be reported as a bug.

I had the same problem, since I got my Premium with KTEL ( and reported it as a bug on OpenSat forum), but somehow recent version of firmware is scanning it just fine.
As for HD icon, I think, you have to set HD flag manually. For me, it is not working 'gadget', I have AZBox set to 'pillar box' and TV is 19:9, in the moment I tune to HD channel, AZBox is going to 'full screen' anyway.

Last edited:
sounds like the low symbol rate is goofing up the azbox

but then again I mainly use it for feeds so I havent tried it ;)

I had the same problem, since I got my Premium with KTEL ( and reported it as a bug on OpenSat forum), but somehow recent version of firmware is scanning it just fine.
As for HD icon, I think, you have to set HD flag manually. For me, it is not working 'gadget', I have AZBox set to 'pillar box' and TV is 19:9, in the moment I tune to HD channel, AZBox is going to 'full screen' anyway.

Yep! You're absolutely right! I thought this was supposed to be automatic?:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts