Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Just scanned an old birdview promo piece, dish still standing after hurricane in Texas! (hope the attachment uploads okay)....Found this in my things tonight...(Used to work at a Birdview dealer, which is why I'm one of the only RV owners wired to a solid, white BV dish and 4D!!) Hope some of you enjoy! Tried scanning the picture as a "picture" but, the pdf was actually cleaner!

Attachments

• birdview.pdf
    1,011.1 KB · Views: 299
cool promo ! Salesman look at all the angles.
are you trying to say that there are nine birdviews within 20 miles of me that i have not seen. I will have to get off the main road ever once in a while. I go that way a lot for work.

Well, there may have been that many back in the mid 1980's! I'm quite happy to own two of them now, one in use! (Michigan, but nevertheless..) Somebody wanted a logo of Birdview some time ago....not sure if the "new" birdview will help or not for them! "New" Birdview didn't last long after the introduction of the high block LNB...and I don't think they ever got out of their R & D for their own IRD unit.

My pleasure! (consider it a bribe...someday I may need help from another BV owner in upgrading the second dish)...lol....

Not sure of the exact dates. I sold for a company that was a dealer, around 1986. Company reorganized after some internal issues, which is when the "new" birdview was born and did not live long. Originally issued their own unique hardware, not compatible with other brands, then came the "High Block" LNB, the change in the positioiner so any IRD would work, and they hoped it would save the company.

The story I was given by the dealer who was deeply involved was that the company "over engineered", (which is why the dishes still survive) and they did their own trucking, too! Part of the problem was COST to get dishes to dealers...they couldn't be broken down for shipping! Of course, you can't rule out bad management, either.

Wish I could help you on the dates......I know only of my time in it, and my ALWAYS wanting one....back when I sold them, they were 2 to 3 thousand, and the "best" of the best in the industry. We used to go out and literally "sit" in the dish to show the durability...and yes, the dish stayed aligned.

Sorry for boring you....

......I know only of my time in it, and my ALWAYS wanting one....back when I sold them, they were 2 to 3 thousand, and the "best" of the best in the industry. We used to go out and literally "sit" in the dish to show the durability...and yes, the dish stayed aligned.

Sorry for boring you....
Not at all. It's stories exactly like this from BV owners, which convinced me to look for one!
When I found a real one and tried to budge it, I finally believed all the hype!
I invested around $125 in payment, and gifts to the former owner.
It may cost a few hundred more to get it working, but then it'll be that 2- 3 thousand dollar dish, again! - :cool:

Yea, they were probably over engineered. They didn't need replacement in 10 years.
That's what our consumable society would like to see. :rolleyes:
Twenty-five year old BVs are still the rock they always were.... and I'm sure they'll outlive us all! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)