For me - BIG Color Change w Comcast?

cyberized

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Beaverton, Oregon
I just sold out my DISH equipment for l Year Special w Comcast....BUT ...... much to my surprise and consternation my Color Settings that I had on my HDTV were not changed BUT by looking at the picture you'd never know it. Can anyone tell me what the BLANK is going on......I have went in and ampped up MOST/all of my Settings for Color, Brightness, etc....... and still looks kind of anemic compared to what it had been from Satellite. I had Comcast several years ago and do not remember it looking so "washed out".
Any TIPS or info about this.......would be appreciated.....

PS - - - ONE other question, I run Optical/Digital connection OUT to my A/V Receiver and I noticed that the Tech, when here, and setting it up, Chose, for me, "HEAVY" Compression, vs. "LIGHT", or "NONE". Is that the BEST setting? I changed it to "NONE" - but "little do I know!"

Thanks, Michael

YES - we used the very same HD2 Component In/OUT Cables....I seem to have LOST RED with this new HD Comcast Box....have run Color and Tint settings all over the pplace and NO Red [or insignificant, looks like Dark Brown].

TKS Michael

Make sure that your cables are fully seated... Just for jeepers, pull them out, make sure they line up color for color and put them back in, on both ends. If that doesn't do anything significant, try another set of cables, even some cheapo audio cables as long as you match color for color into the three in/outs. Did that do anything for you? If it did, replace your component cables. If it didn't, get anew Comcast box.

YES - we used the very same HD2 Component In/OUT Cables....I seem to have LOST RED with this new HD Comcast Box....have run Color and Tint settings all over the pplace and NO Red [or insignificant, looks like Dark Brown].

TKS Michael

It may be a color space issue. If the HD Comcast box (Moto? SA?) is providing RGB to your display, change it to YPbPr - or vice versa.

Dana

Yeah, if the Red is off - then the red cable isnt seated.

I just went from DISH to Comcast - no discernable difference in color setttings.

FOLLOW UP! GOOD News: Comcast sent Tech out today and as suspected their Receiver was the problem....he replaced it, NO charge, and I am in the "REDs" again.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)