For MundoMax, an increasingly uncertain future

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JayR

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2013
Florida
http://www.medialifemagazine.com/mundomax-increasingly-uncertain-future/

"When viewers in New York City tuned in to MundoMax earlier this week, they got a surprise.

Instead of the RCN-owned Spanish-language network, which features a mix of telenovelas, reality and game shows, they got América Tevé, an independent Spanish-language network originating in Miami that focuses on news and entertainment.

América Tevé took over MundoMax’s NYC frequency, WPXO-LD 34.1, on Monday. It also replaced MundoMax in Puerto Rico that same day."

What will this mean for the rest of the affiliates? Will some ride it out or will they be proactive and switch?

... just lost KFWD in Dallas this am. MundoMAX -> SonLife. I see rabbitears is already updated. :)

What other Meredith's have 66.2 Independent becuase it has on it like Most Daring from Truetv and a move Golden Christmas 3 coming up and so on besides Spanish programming or Heartland that's on low power KCKS-LD or Laff or Cozi or Escape or Grit that already in KC area on full power stations KMCi/KSHB but if Escape or Grit would get it on Sprectrumkc,Comcast and so on that has 66.2.

What other Meredith's have 66.2 Independent becuase it has on it like Most Daring from Truetv and a move Golden Christmas 3 coming up and so on besides Spanish programming or Heartland that's on low power KCKS-LD or Laff or Cozi or Escape or Grit that already in KC area on full power stations KMCi/KSHB but if Escape or Grit would get it on Sprectrumkc,Comcast and so on that has 66.2.
I hate to tell you but once Mundomax is gone your HIT.......Thanks Scripps Howard for that......They launched every subnet on their two KC owned stations that Meredith launches too that's why you have no subnets on KCTV and fixing to have none on KSMO.....What might happen is KSMO combine as a sub into KCTV since both are owned by the Meredith Corporation.....You can pitter patter about getting Get, Decades, H&I all you want but if Comet doesn't get launched on WDAF, H&I/Decades on your Hearst Stations, and Get on your Meredith, you pretty much going to have a lot of open sub spaces in the future....

Mundomax no longer on KYNM-CA rf ch. 21.1 replaced with unknown TV network showing 1950's TV show in 720p and the picture looks good in normal 4:3 ratios out of 16:9.:)

Phoenix is also getting America TeVe. Sorry - I doubt it will last. Mexican-American audiences don't generally dig Cuban-American fare (the network is Miami-based) but we'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)