For Puerto Rico customers: What HD do you want on the spot beam?

Universal HD is in FREE PREVIEW MODE... it has NOT, repeat, NOT been put on any different package as of today, That could change tomorrow or next week. Enjoy it for now, but it is a free preview right now, not a new channel in the package!

See ya
Tony

HD in Puerto Rico???

Easy. Get an address in the states, New York or Florida with some relative and your done. Use autopay. That's what my uncle did. He got a 211 , clear, on Ebay and bingo he got the whole package. If they don't want to reach you so there many ways to reach them. And you're paying legit.:):)

My only question is what's going to happen with people with receivers that are nopt Mpeg4 compatible. I know that this issue has been addresses but for people who lease receivers, but the "leasing" option is not available in PR. That will be the case of my father.

I don't have the details, but on August 1, 2008 all mpeg 2 hd channels are gone. Dish is supposed to call people to arrange a box upgrade. If you don't get a call, I suppose you can call dish and try to explain them.

My only question is what's going to happen with people with receivers that are nopt Mpeg4 compatible. I know that this issue has been addresses but for people who lease receivers, but the "leasing" option is not available in PR. That will be the case of my father.

Well I'm an Authorized Dealer and we contacted our distribuitor in Tampa and at this moment they don't have any info.

Tom

Tom :)
The Issue was address in our meting yesterday,Hopefully before this guys leaving(Saturday) we'll have the answer....Give me a call.;)

:up I send a email to WPRU ABC, WVXF CBS, WSJX FOX and they all responded that they will go mid summer HD.

Hi all

I just received the following email in response to my asking about HD locals in PR. It's from WPRU:

"There is not an exact date yet, but it should be mid Oct. Thanks."

So I guess we'll have to wait a little bit more....:(

ljdonato, do you know the local coverage area for those OTA channels? I tried to get the OTA signal in Arecibo and the only thing I get is snow. I can watch them with Dish locals but the quality is not good.

They are so low powered that can only be seen in the aguadilla area The only intention was to be carried by cable systems as the network afiliate The same company owns the 3 networ"" afiliates""

Thanks a lot to all for the info and FCC documents!

Low power stations are not required to go digital on February 17, 2009. If those stations are going digital, they are doing it because they want to. The DTV Transition and LPTV/Class A/Translator Stations

The only way of getting those future HD channels via OTA is to live near the antennas in the Aguadilla area.

PD: Are there any new news on the Puerto Rico HD channels. EchoStar XI is undergoing routine tests and I don't see any reason why they are waiting for the addition of USA and SCIFI HD to Puerto Rico's market right now, except for some marketing planning or something.

ok we now its going to be 30 hds heres my list

natgeo
discovery
mtv
vh1
animal planet
usa
toon
food hd
hgtv hd
showtime
hbo
cinemax hd
nbatv hd
bio hd
travel hd
twc hd
cnn hd
disney hd
nfl hd
espn hd
tnt hd
tbs hd
comedy hd
versus hd
golf hd
uni hd
tennis hd
cnbc
fx hd
bravo

lets see what percentage i get right

Here are my 30 (of course, this list could be less if you count the premium channels).

ABC Family HD
Cartoon Network HD
Comedy Central HD
Country Music TV HD
Discovery HD
Discovery HD Theater
The Disney Channel HD
Disney XD HD
ESPN
ESPN 2 HD
Fashion TV HD
Food Network HD
HD Net
HD Net Movies
HGTV HD
The Learning Channel HD
MavTV HD
MTV HD
National Geographic Channel HD
NBA Television
Palladia
Spike HD
Sci-Fi Channel HD
The Science Channel HD
TBS HD
TNT HD
Universal HD
Video Hits-One HD
WGN America HD

... plus locals

i just saw a map of echo 9 at 121w, it cover PR can we get any kind of service from there if dish wanted to?

121w is phasing out and soon out of business, That's why Dishnetwork is moving international channels and local markets to 118w(lease sat),118w is more reliable for PR/USVI than 121w.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts