for sale! 100ft multi-band dish full hydrolics

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
:) USMC-dermo has a 100ft multi-band dish complete with full hydraulics, to move the dish any direction you want! they have striped all the sensitive gear out already but has the computer to point the dish by cordinances. it has a solid steal reflector and ladder getting to the lbn. the building under it is part of the base. about a 10ft by 20ft room with dsl generator a/c computer racks and desks. looks to be a sea-can all steal with extream insulation for temp and sound. looks like it could be taken apart to be trucked out in 2 loads. no Price has been set yet the guy said he'd call me when they do but hes thinking its going to be free!!!! other dod facilities have first bid to get it. i wounder what my neighbors would say? i could have a hell of a umbrella for the house! all i need is to rent a crane to set the building down and reassemble. i stopped by my house one day at lunch with a truck load of eternal fuel cans for the Hercules helicopters. they look like 10ft Long bombs. i had the cops and the bomb squad out before i could finish my sandwich. never found out who called.

Please everyone...lets not get into: My dish is bigger than yours! Ha! Man, that would be a coup if you could get that dish. You could call ET and everything!

So this whole huge dish thing is a new area for me so excuse my naivete but what could you pick up with something that huge?

I bet if you couldn't tweak your quality to 100% at the dish, all you would have to do is climb out to the LNB and reach out to the actual satellite and push a button to increase the transmission!!!!

Other DOD activities get first shot, then fed, then state, local, charities, etc. By the time it's at DRMO, this has all been pretty much done. Someone could snatch it still, but it's unlikely- they had earlier chances to get it.

It must be auctioned. Scrap dealers buy this stuff. Only if it fails at auction, or they somehow declare it to have no residual value and a cost to dispose of, can they in effect give it away free.

IIRC

Whatchya doing? adding a DBS LNB for Nasa TV!

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 295
:) that's just about what it looks like. they don't take kindly to us toting a camera around on base. its in a security area for intelegance. the base is more of a box and the lbn ladders are much smaller. the dam thing looks like brand new they just repainted it. I'm also shire someone in DOD or some research facility will get it. standing near it you really get the feel of how massive they are! if i hear it reaches the auction stage then they will post pictures I'll copy and paste then.

I didn't know DRMO base auctions were still held, I thought everything was online now. Back in the early to mid 90s, I would attend the DRMO base auctions at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS. Had some good deals on video gear :)

Tron said:
Hope you don't have one of those pesky, fascist Home Owners Associations where you live ;)

If he dosent now then I am betting it wouldnt take long to get one together when he set that up in the back yard :eek: :eek:

I mean come on his nighbors have already called the bomb squad on him, I believe this could push them over the edge

:D :D :D But it would still be really cool :D :D :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)