For the 2nd time I'm a few days late on my bill and..

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
For the 2nd time, I want to really quit Dish.

Actually, I just paid this bill yesterday too, but the phone calls throughout the day - that spam my phone when I'm sleeping, in class, at work, etc.. the "YOU HAVEN'T PAID YOUR BILL SO WE'RE LOADING THE CUSTOMER SERVICE APP!" and of course, the notorious "You're late, so now you get to pay 2 months!" bill..

Ya know. . While the economy has gone to crap, and there's thousands of people quitting their service, I've been with you for years, and still pay my bill. So what if it's a few days late? You'll get your money and you know it.

The "You haven't paid your bill!" popups are still spamming my receivers actually, I'm tempted to call them and tell them where to shove it. :hungry:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't afford to pay on time, you should cancel your service. You also screw up your credit rating. If you think Dish is the only company that brow beats for payments, you are in error. Try being late with Sprint.

i got a feeling if you had paid on time and the equipment wasnt working you would call and raise hell. so whats wrong with them wanting their money on time? perhaps our costs would be lower for programming if people like you paid your bill on time and they did not have to use their resources to collect.

If you can be a few days late paying your bill you can also be a few days early as well. It sounds like you are over-extended and are taking it out on a service provider.

Lots of bad service apologists in here. Crazy.

Be real, not paying your bill cost US money. The cost to collect is passed back to the customers that do pay on time. As for being apologetic. Not hardly, The few times I have had service issues with DISH were always fixed. Often by just an apology from a decison maker and not with free stuff. Even one of the few times I was late with payment they were nice to me.
I suggest the OP take a little responsibility and call DISH when he is going to be late. Just as you should with all your creditors. I'd bet he would be PO'd if his paycheck was always late.

"Be real, not paying your bill cost US money."

No, it doesn't. It's a digital broadcast service. The cost is in the Satellite in space and the licensing of the content.

Plus, the OP is paying his bills. He's just been a tad late a couple of times from the sounds of it.

Yes, if one has bills they are responsible for paying for it. Yes a creditor has the right to annoy and hunt down people that owe them money.

Yes, a company can also consider politely asking rather than nagging to get the same result with less hostility from their customers.

IMHO, I don't hate Dish, but they haven't gone out of their way to make them appear any better than the other options I've had before, either. I definitely haven't given them Sainthood yet. ;o)

"Be real, not paying your bill cost US money."

No, it doesn't. It's a digital broadcast service. The cost is in the Satellite in space and the licensing of the content.

Plus, the OP is paying his bills. He's just been a tad late a couple of times from the sounds of it.

Yes, if one has bills they are responsible for paying for it. Yes a creditor has the right to annoy and hunt down people that owe them money.

Yes, a company can also consider politely asking rather than nagging to get the same result with less hostility from their customers.

IMHO, I don't hate Dish, but they haven't gone out of their way to make them appear any better than the other options I've had before, either. I definitely haven't given them Sainthood yet. ;o)

Joey,

Your delusional. Yes, Dish uses Satellites that are already in space, and Dish is paying royalties to the Content owners.

All costs associated with building the satellites, paying to launch them as well as the depreciation, and their limited services lives are NOT Paid in advance. All the above mentioned costs are leveraged and paid for over time. This means a certain percentage of your subscription fees goes to service these structured costs, in addition to All the costs to build and support the uplink facilities.

I guess all the electric is free. How about all the costs to acquire new customers (Generally about 500 bucks per subscriber).

All the employees that run the company, service customers, Health Insurance, Engineering costs both hardware and software. All of these costs are incurred acru week after week.

I suggest you go out and build your own company to see how many hundreds of Millions of dollars of accrued debt it takes to start up a competing service. After accruing all that new debt you will have to cover all the rest of the costs of royality payments to content owners, as well as the costs for all your employees to service customers, marketing your service, Insurance, Property taxes for all your property at your uplink faclities, Headquarters, etc....

Bottomline for all the Billions of dollars Dish collects from their customers per year, the vast majority of that revenue is used cover all of these costs. At the end of the year Dish will realize a profit of between 4-8 percent of total revenue.

Obviously Dish started their company for Deadbeats like you that can't pay their bills, or so they can provide you with service at your price point on your terms. Everybody that posts here now understands that you are more special than anybody else and Dish or any other company that provides you with a product or service should bend over backwards JUST for you, errr NOT.

John

John

Last edited:
you're more than a few days late, the popup on screen comes up around day 50.

you're at fault here but yet you seek to blame your troubles on someone else.

you're more than a few days late, the popup on screen comes up around day 50.

you're at fault here but yet you seek to blame your troubles on someone else.

amen to that. Google "autopay" so you can see how good it works and its never late.

amen to that. Google "autopay" so you can see how good it works and its never late.

The problem I guess is not lack of promptness, but inconsistent cash flow. Auto pay would actually make things worse for him.

perhaps he should look into welcome pack? maybe stop biting more then he can chew, dont write a check your ass cant cash, cant stand the heat stay outta the kitchen, etc. seriously, dish is not a financial lending company. i hope you had a lot of friends over for a baseball game or something and that message came up. boy, that would be embarrassing.

For the record, I do have the basic package - I don't watch very much TV, and I don't appreciate your rudeness much either.

50 days overdue? My bill was due on 4/21/2009. On around the 26th they bumped it and started harassing me, and I paid it on the 29th as that's when I was able to pay it.

When you work for the State of CA, your pay may be a little.. unreliable to say the least, and I get to thank the "Governator" for that one.

Of course, I'm pissed off. Our family has been customers with them since what, 2002? How dare you accuse me of being a deadbeat.

Seriously, I'm disgusted in the terms of your responses; I've been on this forum quite a while and I think I've provided sensible responses and help over time. I haven't sat here bitching about the lack of sports nets (they raise the price of my programming anyway).

The fact of the matter is, at the end of the day, I'd much rather have no pay TV - I don't watch it! My autistic brother does..

Thanks a lot. I hope you all get laid off.

2 things

For the record, I do have the basic package - I don't watch very much TV, and I don't appreciate your rudeness much either.

50 days overdue? My bill was due on 4/21/2009. On around the 26th they bumped it and started harassing me, and I paid it on the 29th as that's when I was able to pay it.

When you work for the State of CA, your pay may be a little.. unreliable to say the least, and I get to thank the "Governator" for that one.

Of course, I'm pissed off. Our family has been customers with them since what, 2002? How dare you accuse me of being a deadbeat.

Seriously, I'm disgusted in the terms of your responses; I've been on this forum quite a while and I think I've provided sensible responses and help over time. I haven't sat here bitching about the lack of sports nets (they raise the price of my programming anyway).

The fact of the matter is, at the end of the day, I'd much rather have no pay TV - I don't watch it! My autistic brother does..

Thanks a lot. I hope you all get laid off.

You are on a forum in which people come to gripe. Expect that you may get gripe right back, Aside from that I was feeling a bit for you until you came back with the last sentence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts