For the 2nd time I'm a few days late on my bill and..

Okay my point was that sometimes people get frustrated when things go wrong and need to vent. I am not saying that he is right. He isn't. I am just saying that everybody got very nasty with him. You take people saying negative things about E* WAY too seriously. You take it as a personal attack. It is just TV. It's not life or death. Maybe he didn't reply was because you all attacked him. This forum is for people to get help and to share their experiences. There is just way too much attacking of other people for the sake of TV! TV people!! Really??

Well, it's an issue of responsibility to me.

Come to the boards, gripe about your job, your boss not paying you, and jesus, now I am late on my bills, cus all these other factors are messing with what I need to take care of.

Don't slam a company for attempting to collect what was agreed upon by both parties, as an amount, and date of payment.

There are other ways to vent, if he was attempting to vent on the issues leading to the nonpayment, then yeah, I can sympathize. But he chose to try to start a Bash Dish thread about a legit issue Dish has with a non paying customer. Sorry, no sympathy here.

Not saying you should sympathize with him, but instead of calling him a deadbeat, how about just ignoring him. He was talking about what he thought about Dish, not talking about you personally. Why was there a need to slam him?

Not saying you should sympathize with him, but instead of calling him a deadbeat, how about just ignoring him. He was talking about what he thought about Dish, not talking about you personally. Why was there a need to slam him?

There are lots of post bashing DISH for legitimate reasons. This was not one of them. If he was looking for sympathy. The majority told him it's in the dictionary along with suicide and something else.
He could have bashed any company and the response would be the same.
As I said earlier, if he would have taken the responsibility to answer just one of the calls and explain when he could pay, the calls would have stopped.

Dish has done this to me before too. I used to have autopay, but then they "accidentally" double charged my account. I called them the same day, and they managed to get it straightened out -- but it took them 20 days to get the money back in my account. And guess what? I didn't call them 3 or 4 times a day to ask about my money, interrupt their computers to get my money, or any of the other stuff that Dish does to consumers.

Now, I pay my bill within 20 days of the due date. I figure, if they can keep my money for 20 days, I can keep theirs.

Dish has done this to me before too. I used to have autopay, but then they "accidentally" double charged my account. I called them the same day, and they managed to get it straightened out -- but it took them 20 days to get the money back in my account. And guess what? I didn't call them 3 or 4 times a day to ask about my money, interrupt their computers to get my money, or any of the other stuff that Dish does to consumers.

Now, I pay my bill within 20 days of the due date. I figure, if they can keep my money for 20 days, I can keep theirs.

So you can go 20 days without getting calls and pop ups blowing a hole in the "few days late" statement.

if this guy wanted to bash dish for not having speed-hd or not having nick-hd in the turbo packs or even complain about a glitch that his receiver is having, he wouldnt have have had 99 percent of the forum calling him a deadbeat and to go pound sand.

the majority of the people in this site have complaints and compliments for their dish service. we enjoy reading the good and the bad. but when someone posts something as petty as this, and it is their fault, not dish's to begin with, they are going to get flamed. plain and simple. its obvious this guy is a lying deadbeat. i will say it. to get the pop ups you must be 40 days past due on a bill. and if you are 40 days past due on one bill, then that makes it that you have a second bill you have since recieved that you would be ten days past due. people like him will be the reason why dish someday will come out with a plan that makes you pay by the day the service period starts are they will shut it off right away. try not paying your land lord for rent in 40 days. this guy is also a crybaby. lets face it, he was "harrassed" by dish. wow, a pop up on your tv screen, a phone call to remind you payment is due? thats harrassment? i hope this dude never borrows money from a loanshark.

also, previoulsy someone rebuttled that his not paying the bill on time does not effect our costs. well, he said someone called, err, harrassed him. well, dish had to pay this so-called harrasser to spend time on the phone calling...i mean harrassing dead beats all day. this person collects wages from dish, that affects dish's bottem line, which requires dish to pass the cost onto us.

this guy even bugged enough to change my avatar to a flamer troll.

You have had people complain about the Turbo-HD packages and guess what?? They were called a whiner and complainer by 99 percent of the people. They were told to quit Dish and go somewhere else. Anyone else noticing a pattern here.

Its hard to generalize about what comments were made, but many told the posters to change to the Classic package plus HD to get the channels that they wanted, not to quit Dish and go somewhere else. They were told to pay for the channels they wanted or live without them. Paying for what you want? Paying your bill on time? Anyone else noticing a pattern here?

people like him will be the reason why dish someday will come out with a plan that makes you pay by the day the service period starts are they will shut it off right away

its called "new billing method" and it comes out on May 8th with two new promos called DHATOO and FLEXTV, both require upfront pay before services rendered and not paying by due date is hard disconnect. but restart fee only $5 plus the past due amount and prepay for restored services.

see, deadbeats like the OP are screwing it for us all lol. will this new method be for everyone or just new customers? would be funny if its just for new ones, as then us existing customers can finally not want what the new customers are getting offered. in reality, i think the majority of us would not be effected by the new billing method since we pay are bills on time anyways. i mean seriously, annuel cinemax for a year for only 1 cent with auto pay? yes please.

for those who want the two new promotions or for certain upgrades. dhatoo is like dha24 but has $99 charge and no cc required. flextv is like ffa but no ssn or cc required. i suspect people with chronic lates, etc, will have to accept new billing upon restart in the future.