For the 2nd time I'm a few days late on my bill and..

For the record, I do have the basic package - I don't watch very much TV, and I don't appreciate your rudeness much either.

50 days overdue? My bill was due on 4/21/2009. On around the 26th they bumped it and started harassing me, and I paid it on the 29th as that's when I was able to pay it.

When you work for the State of CA, your pay may be a little.. unreliable to say the least, and I get to thank the "Governator" for that one.

Of course, I'm pissed off. Our family has been customers with them since what, 2002? How dare you accuse me of being a deadbeat.

Seriously, I'm disgusted in the terms of your responses; I've been on this forum quite a while and I think I've provided sensible responses and help over time. I haven't sat here bitching about the lack of sports nets (they raise the price of my programming anyway).

The fact of the matter is, at the end of the day, I'd much rather have no pay TV - I don't watch it! My autistic brother does..

Thanks a lot. I hope you all get laid .

there, i edited his last line to make him seem more cool of a dude.

The point is, don't come on a public forum to moan about your own mistakes or problems. They are YOURS. Don't vent at the expense of Dish, because you are going to get what you have been getting. Keep you personal problems to yourself.

All the above mentioned costs are leveraged and paid for over time. This means a certain percentage of your subscription fees goes to service these structured costs, in addition to All the costs to build and support the uplink facilities.

That is clear. And still has nothing to do with person X not paying their bills affecting your price.

How about all the costs to acquire new customers (Generally about 500 bucks per subscriber).

And that sums up my point. Companies like Dish seem to put all their efforts into getting new people rather that retaining current customers. OP was late on his bill. Make note of it. Notify him. But hassling the person obviously makes them less than interested in sticking around as a customer.

Obviously Dish started their company for Deadbeats like you that can't pay their bills

Who said I did not or can not pay my bill?

Everybody that posts here now understands that you are more special than anybody else and Dish or any other company that provides you with a product or service should bend over backwards JUST for you, errr NOT.

You were the one that called me delusional, yet you're the one making things up that I did not say nor imply.

The "You haven't paid your bill!" popups are still spamming my receivers actually, I'm tempted to call them and tell them where to shove it. :hungry:

There not YOUR receivers. And if you do call them and tell them to shove it, they'll be wanting THEIR receivers back. And if you don't send them back, you'll get a bill that dwarf you current bill.

so, you do actually have the honor to scan your most recent bill to prove you were only a bit behind and not as behind as usually required to get the screen pop ups?

"Be real, not paying your bill cost US money."

No, it doesn't. It's a digital broadcast service. The cost is in the Satellite in space and the licensing of the content.

Plus, the OP is paying his bills. He's just been a tad late a couple of times from the sounds of it.

Yes, if one has bills they are responsible for paying for it. Yes a creditor has the right to annoy and hunt down people that owe them money.

Yes, a company can also consider politely asking rather than nagging to get the same result with less hostility from their customers.

IMHO, I don't hate Dish, but they haven't gone out of their way to make them appear any better than the other options I've had before, either. I definitely haven't given them Sainthood yet. ;o)

Perhaps your employer will be just a "few days" late with your paycheck next time! ;)

For the 2nd time, I want to really quit Dish.

Actually, I just paid this bill yesterday too, but the phone calls throughout the day - that spam my phone when I'm sleeping, in class, at work, etc.. the "YOU HAVEN'T PAID YOUR BILL SO WE'RE LOADING THE CUSTOMER SERVICE APP!" and of course, the notorious "You're late, so now you get to pay 2 months!" bill..

Ya know. . While the economy has gone to crap, and there's thousands of people quitting their service, I've been with you for years, and still pay my bill. So what if it's a few days late? You'll get your money and you know it.

The "You haven't paid your bill!" popups are still spamming my receivers actually, I'm tempted to call them and tell them where to shove it. :hungry:

Give me a friggin' break. You were late on your bill and it's Dish's fault!?!
I wonder if I am late paying my rent I can blame it on my apartment complex. Or my electric bill I can blame it on Xcel. I wonder if who's fault it is if I am late on my cell phone bill, Verizon?
Don't come crying here blaming Dish when it is obviously your fault and all they are doing is trying to get the money you owe them.

Perhaps your employer will be just a "few days" late with your paycheck next time! ;)

We shouldn't joke about this. I worked and still work for a company that due to major idiocy during a switch in payroll providers managed to be late two pay periods in a row. It was ridiculous and caused a lot of problems for the people that were counting on direct deposits to hit their bank accounts. I believe that was resolved when the payroll person in accounting was let go and replaced.

Even joking about it gives me flashbacks and makes me cringe.

joey- Many here have suggested you are to blame for failing to pay your bill on time. I agree but obviously, you have a problem that isn't related to forgetfulness. The auto pay is for those people. (I'm one of them, that's why I use it!) :)

So, I think your real problem is you can't afford the service. Here's my suggestion for you to solve your dish problem and satisfy your desire to get rid of Dish because they want to get paid for the service they SELL you.

Buy one of these, then service is free!

Attachments

• antenna-rooftop.jpg
    antenna-rooftop.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 107
A little good faith?

I don't know exactly what procedures Dish follows once a payment is late, or how soon such procedures come into play, as I'm on autopay (and currently have a $145 credit due to an erroneous double draft last month). But from the gist of it, the guy appears to feel like Dish could be more gently persuasive in getting his money when he is just five days late. That's his opinion, and calling him a deadbeat as a result of it seems to be a bit severe.

Someone else is saying Dish doesn't begin taking negative actions until forty or fifty days past due, and if that's the case, I probably think there's more to the story, but it helps to ask questions rather than just start calling folks deadbeats.

But, just for the sake of good faith, assuming the guy was only five days late and Dish has gotten more aggressive with their policies than appears to have been the case in the past, I don't think it's completely out of the question for someone to expect a five day grace period after what he says is seven years of loyalty. I know back when I used to pay with paper checks, a time or two things would get lost in the mail. A quick phone call to the wireless company (almost always the vendor with the lost check issue, go figure) always resulted in a courtesy grace period to get another check on its way.

Given how many troubles many people are having these days, it would seem to make sense for Dish to work out issues with long-time customers who run into issues. Car companies, mobile phone companies, and I'm sure others are figuring out it makes good business sense to help people through rough patches. Dish may well already have procedures to extend grace periods, I really don't know. But it seems like that was the sort of information the guy might have seeking indirectly, not the hostility he found instead...

justen

OP says it is the second time he has been late with his payment. Perhaps DISH has a stricter policy on the second late payment. This may explain why the message came up only a few days after the due date.

You need to be 30 days late before you even get charged a $5 late fee.
And Yes 50 days you will get a service interruption notice.
58 th day your cut off.
E* doesn't send you letters or make phone calls when your 2 days late , My guess is you have an outstanding balance thats not been paid.
I don't believe for a second E* is harassing you for being 2 days late.
Sorry.

50 days overdue? My bill was due on 4/21/2009. On around the 26th they bumped it and started harassing me, and I paid it on the 29th as that's when I was able to pay it.
Thanks a lot. I hope you all get laid off.

if this was a normal bill and you weren't already late when it went to print, then the bill was generated on 4/1/09 as they give you 20 days on the bill. You wouldn't get the $5 late fee until 30 days later, so your late fee wouldn't be assessed until 5/1/09.

the more likely scenario is you are behind and this bill went to print on 4/21/09 and was due immediately. that would mean your last bill was printed on 3/21/09 and hadn't been paid by 4/21/09 when the next bill went to print, resulting in an immediately due bill for two months of service.

i see it all the time. and as far as your last comment, part of my job scope is dealing with people who don't pay their bills on time. looks like i have a bright future in this economy thanks to people like you. don't that just chap your tail.

Eh...apologies if the above came across harsh. Wasn't meant to be.

For the record...

I am not the OP.

I am one that believes that people should pay their bills on time.

I am also one that believes that companies should give the benefit of the doubt to long time customers once in a while...especially in times of really bad economic downturns. I think that for a number of reasons:

1) It's the nice thing to do

2) Retaining long term customers is a LOT cheaper than trying to get new customers.

3) It only takes one instance of really pissing off your customer to not only lose them as a customer, but cause them to tell their friends.

The OP was complaining about the seemingly obsessive harassing of him for being a few days late in paying the bill. However, it seems like a majority of folks in here jumped on a bandwagon and started accusing him of being a deadbeat who should never have expected to pay for any sort of TV service.

problem is that no one here believes he is telling the truth on how late he is on his bill. dish doesnt start reminding one they have a bill due (or harassing as he calls it) until one is 40 days past due on their bill.

Still say take responsibility, call your creditor and tell them you are going to be late not be mad because they are trying to communicate with you about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts