For those who are "moved", what's the total amount of time time your service address was your actual address?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
And before you say it, yes I know I posted a lot of "moved" threads lately. Anyways you can only count the total amount of time your service address was your actual address THIS TIME you had Dish. So if you had Dish before, left, and came back, previous times don't count. Anyways, I'm thinking I go everyone beat, a maximum of three hours I had my true locals this time. This time I had Dish I had it since July 2018. I "moved" immediately when the tech drove away, and several months later I was on the phone with Dish and Dish had it mislabeled that I would get National PBS in my locals. (Looking at the online guide I now know it was an error.). Anyways, I did a bunch of other things before to try to fix it but they didn't work, so later I tried one last thing. Although the first Dish tech I talked to didn't do it, I called again and talked to a different tech and told him what previously happened and said I wanted to try one last thing. I told him to change my locals then immediately change them back by the steps I about to say. I told him to change the address to my billing address, then I told him to change it back to my "actual address" (even though it wasn't my actual address but my "moved" address). Anyways, no luck on getting National PBS, but with the online guide from ondishguide.com I know it's not in my lineup. Since then I have had my service address always at my "moved" address. So I only had my actual address as my service address on two different days, but at a maximum of three hours total (but probably less than that).

On another note, if you you think somehow it's a copout not to include the previous time I had Dish, that time I had my actual service address just a couple weeks over a year. One reason was because I never heard of "moving" prior, and also since I didn't have an antenna most of that year, and two really lousy Lava antennas until a couple weeks before I "moved" and got a decent antenna.

Yes I know I "wrote a book" here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)