For those who use an address for Shaw outside the Toronto area.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I use a Montreal address for both Shaw.

My Shaw has the xKu LNB installed, but I do not have signal for G1.

My receiver simsubs, meaning you push one channel, but it tunes to another, to the Global Montreal and City Montreal anytime one of the American nets or even if City or Global Toronto happens to be showing the same program. Meaning, the red light comes on often saying signal loss.

I also have a Montreal address, and no G1 signal.

I do know that whenever watching the US nets, if the same show was on say GBL, it would simisub, my tuner stayed in the same channel, the signal would break briefly and then come back with the GBL logo, and I would receive the broadcast I think from the Toronto channel, of course commercials and all.

I remember same thing if the same show was on City, and this wouldn´t happen if the show was on CTV (no way Shaw is going to do that with CTV). :D

Mine just started 2 weeks ago, but if you have an older lb, your receiver would not simsub to Montreal. I wanted everyone who happens to use that popular broker in Montreal to know not to upgrade to xku !

I dislike when people say: I told you so. But to repeat what I posted before the G1 launch.

" To avoid black screens on Detroit/Seattle HD channels when simsubs are authorized; if you are outside the footprint of G1, DO NOT INSTALL a XKu band LNBF" This applies to ALL postal codes.

I had no idea they were going to simsub Global and City Toronto as well. I had never heard or that happening
I dislike when people say: I told you so. But to repeat what I posted before the G1 launch.

" To avoid black screens on Detroit/Seattle HD channels when simsubs are authorized; if you are outside the footprint of G1, DO NOT INSTALL a XKu band LNBF" This applies to ALL postal codes.

But Miguel if you dont upgrade you can't get the MPEG4 channels right? And so what happens if Shaw moves more channels to MPEG4?

I will have to check if we are seeing simsubs on Global and CITY. We have an Ontario address.

Isn´t the problem the extended Ku LNB when there is no G1 signal ?
What if you take the extended Ku lnb out of the equation, say replacing them with the regular ones ?
Would the problem go away ?

But Miguel if you dont upgrade you can't get the MPEG4 channels right? And so what happens if Shaw moves more channels to MPEG4?

G1 is all MPEG4 and is full except for 2 transponders now broadcasting PPV.

Any transponders changed to MPEG4 in the future will be on F1R/F2. All that is required is 6XX receivers to receive MPEG4 channels. Existing non stacked quad non XKu LNBFs will continue to get all F1R/F2 channels. Stacked Ku LNBFs do not have channel maps for MPEG4 signals.

Yes Dumbo thats what I meant if he doesn't have the new xlnb he won't be able to get any channels that Shaw moves to MPEG4, right? Or is it only the rcvr that matters?

If he has a quad LNBF + 600 series receiver, he will get any channels changed to MPEG4. If he has older stacked (beer can style) LNBF, he will not.

Hi bayguy I have no signal in playa del rey . Raj at kusat sent me a new receiver but the only diference is that this one has the provider id and list the station names but no sat name. the guy who installed it said it read 100% on 111. but my signal power read 65 yesterday now reads 48. my 75 cm dish with triple sat quad output switchable xkulnbf. is this all the right hardware. this has been a nightmare. thanks modefan63. ps do you know anyone in the la area that can get me a signal help?

Modefan sry like I said in PM we've never had 2 rcvrs so I don't know the answer. You should start a new thread b'cuz this one isn't about that and people wont see your question.

I think that guy's installer has the lnb pointed so that either 111.1 is on 107.3 or vice versa..
Wouldn't that give him the results that he is having?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)