For those who would like to Track AMC14

ALERT

AMC-14 did not make it to the intended orbit and somebody might do something about that. Breaking news.

Ok.. Once more I will make my case for a Sticky Post on the status of AMC-14 which is locked so only mods can feed us status. Tired of opening these threads and reading the same old over posted news.

Ok in this thread we now have these two links to sat tracking something like 4 times for each link. That is pretty good.

Ugg

star geeks upset

morlocks post in thread but not read first

bad bad morlocks

go back to Ricki Lake and stay off keyboard

Eloi so special

...And if you want a better tracking of the satellite, go here:

OBJECT A- Information

Is "object A" and "object B" one and the same?
I noticed that "A" doesn't seem to have the correct NORAD ID, or the same perigee/apogee. I can't find the ID "32708" in recent launches, but the ID "32709" fits AMC14's profile.

Link: OBJECT B - Orbit Data

I don't see any real difference in the two sites given on this thread.

EDIT: It certainly appears A & B are the same, but I don't understand the difference in the perigee/apogee numbers. A= 765 x 35,718 km, 49.1°...B= 771 x 26,449 km, 49.2°

Last edited:
I don't think AMC-14 will ever see the light of day.
last night AMC 14 was around 13k miles above the earth...Seems the satellite is coming back home..just checked. Alt is 5.5 miles...Shouldn't this thing be going away from the Earth.
Now I am thinking that the early press releass stating Dish would do what it took to get AMC -14 into the proper orbit may have been PR damage control. Now if I am wrong and the guys in the white cloaks are giving the bird a short break, it appears that the AMC -14 satellite may become our atmosphere's next meal..

According to that site, AMC-14 is more than 8,000 miles above the earth, so I am not sure where you get 5.5 miles.

My point is what I've said previously. It is not GPS, it is based on Kelperian elements, it is a prediction based on math.

Prove to me that the data has changed since first launch, let alone in the last few days. If it hasn't, the data is stale (can't be trusted) and/or the data is incorrect (can't be trusted).

Heavens Above's last observation suggests perigree 765 km apogee 35718 km and suggests the sat is over a different piece of the Earth than your link does.

The question is, who is right? At the very least we know Heaven's Above's observations have changed since the launch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)