For what its worth, a Dish CSR was impressed with Sat Guys!

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
A very nice CSR named Wayne was activating my 508 tonight. I asked him about the 811 deal, even though I'm waiting for the 921. He said he hadn't heard of it. Checked his updates on the computer, nothing about it. When I told him where I had heard about it, he was blown away by all the posts about it, and the fact that the Boston locals being down was already being talked about! He said he has worked with Dish for 3 years, and wished that the CSR's got all the info that we obtain here.

Great job Scott and everyone, Wayne said they should make this site mandatory reading for all the CSR's!

PS. No one tell Bob Haller!! He'll never leave them alone!! Ha Ha!:p

Thanks. :)

We try our hardest to bring you the news first and to also bring you the most accurate news possible.

I work long hours and spend lots of time on the phone and emailing my contacts to bring everyone the news first.

I know sometimes it shoulds like I am bragging but I am really proud when I get to say, you read it first at SatelliteGuys. :)

ahahaha,

You are unreal, Scott! :)
(You sure ARE taking this seriously))))

to be fair to other simular sites though, may i mention - that those CSRs sure DO NOT get as much info as provided by this and other sites...
Therefore, i think, it would not take much for those CSRs to be blown away...and on that note - if those CSRs would have visited other good sites, simular to Satelliteguys, such as DBSforums, DBSTalk, etc - they d be blown away in a simular fasion :)

"Great job Scott and everyone, Wayne said they should make this site mandatory reading for all the CSR's!"

Pleeeeeze, NO!

If E* CSRs start reading here:

1. They'll be more confused than we are.
2. We never will get through on the phone.
3. Someone here will post a BOGUS freebie deal and CSRs reading it here will start giving stuff away.

Come to think of it, that's not such a bad idea after all! :D

All Dish needs to do is give this CSRs email acccounts, set a desktop notification on new messages, and KEEP THEM INFORMED!

They should get the info first, not us.

What a way to run a railroad...

Lee

dmodemd said:
All Dish needs to do is give this CSRs email acccounts, set a desktop notification on new messages, and KEEP THEM INFORMED!

They should get the info first, not us.

What a way to run a railroad...

Lee

They could start a groups.yahoo/group/dishCSR group. Charlie could even moderate. :)

Thanks Scott,

I've been reading this forum for the last couple of months and
registered yesterday.I wanted to let you know your long
hours have paid off and you should be proud.Keep up the
good work and stay on top of all the latest news,thanks
again.
BOYCOTT26 :D

I am so suprised that Dish Network and DirecTv do not have forums themselves on their websites or offer online technical support like some other companies offer.

Good job, Scott, your site is awesome. I know that I am a regular Dish basher but I love your site and all of the info/knowledge that you bring to us. The last 2 weeks has been incredible, it's hard to keep up with all of the news.

Have you thought about buying out Charlie?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)