Force 722 to see 118, not 129?

royalty227

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Pinehurst, NC
I have a 1000+ that sees 110, 118, 119, 129. My Raleigh HD locals are on 118, but were also just put on 129. Signal strength is much lower on 129 and they cut out a lot. Is there any way to force the locals to be picked up from 118? Occasionally, the locals show as being on 118, but usually revert back to 129 and I loose signal very frequently. I peaked 129 to get as high a signal reading as I could, but the transponders that the locals are on don't come in as well as my other HD channels.
Any suggestions?

I think you'd have to block the 129 LNB to actually force your receiver to always use 118.7. Then you'd lose all the rest of the 129 HD content which is unacceptable. About the only thing you can do is put up a 61.5 wing dish to substitute for the 129 HD that would be lost and then you could permanently foil over the 129 LNB. A potential problem is that I suspect E* may remove all the ConUS locals from 118.7 anyway so you'll only have 129 available. I'd complain to E* about it. This problem pops up fairly frequently for subscribers.

I have a 1000+ that sees 110, 118, 119, 129. My Raleigh HD locals are on 118, but were also just put on 129. Signal strength is much lower on 129 and they cut out a lot. Is there any way to force the locals to be picked up from 118? Occasionally, the locals show as being on 118, but usually revert back to 129 and I loose signal very frequently. I peaked 129 to get as high a signal reading as I could, but the transponders that the locals are on don't come in as well as my other HD channels.
Any suggestions?

That 1000+ dish should pick up all 4 sats with no problem whatsoever unless you have one/some/or all of the following:

a line of sight problem

an aiming problem

a bent dish reflecter

a bent dish lnb arm

an out of plumb mast

a cabling problem

an LNB problem

or a switch problem

If you want to disable 129 completely, simply disconnect the wire from the LNB to the switch and rerun Checkswitch. As you stand BEHIND the dish, it is the far left LNB.

presto - no more 129.

I think you might need to "tweak" your dish some more. I'm near Charlotte, around 200 miles from Raleigh, and I get around 30-35 on Transponder 1 on 129 (where the Raleigh locals are).

Either you have a Line Of Sight issue (trees/whatever in the way) or your dish really needs to be re-peaked. What is your signal strength on some of the CONUS transponders (such as 19)? I just looked at the spotbeam map, and the city you have listed on your profile (Pinehurst, NC) falls within the spotbeam, so you shouldn't have any signal problems with the locals. Do you lose other HD channels fairly frequently as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)