Force guide update on H3?

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Got an offer for one month free Epix in my email yesterday so I added it. Getting "no information available" in the guide. Didn't update overnight either. Tried hard reboot 5 different times, check switch also. Never would download guide data. Any way to force it?

Turn your receiver off leave the tv on wait and watch, may take 5 or 10 minutes. Guide may download partly then go back to screen saver do not turn receiver back on. It will go back to downloading guide in a minute or so.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Turn your receiver off leave the tv on wait and watch, may take 5 or 10 minutes. Guide may download partly then go back to screen saver do not turn receiver back on. It will go back to downloading guide in a minute or so.
That is one thing I hate about the CUI. If you are not paying attention, it tricks you into thinking that the guide download has completed, when it is not even close to being finished. You need to watch the percentage indicated for the guide download. It will usually go up in 5% increments. If the percentage indicated was way less than 95% before it went back to the screensaver, you need to wait for the guide download screen to return. The old UI never had this problem as far as I know. The guide download screen stayed up the entire time, until the download actually finished.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

IMG_0106.JPG