forced download

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi All
I still have a problem with the GUIDE. When scrolling thru the guide, both vertical and horizontal, the guide will take off like a slot machine. I replaced my remote just in case it was hanging up but that did not help. What gives?
SSTV

doing a search all on CLEARMYBOX -Clears all Guide & VOD data upon reboot and may solve a lot of issue's

Red button reset. When white light comes on hold down add client button until white light is flashing.

Download is in progress when white light is flashing.
After reset, the top light turns white and you hit and hold the button until the white light starts blinking then release the button. I think we are both saying the same thing.
SSTV
How will I know if I catch the download when I see it in redh other than when it comes back up? I tried about 7 times never caught the d/l for 1003 and Thanks appreciate it very much!

How will I know if I catch the download when I see it in redh other than when it comes back up? I tried about 7 times never caught the d/l for 1003 and Thanks appreciate it very much!

You should Always LOOK at REDHAT First- What ever version is active is shown - 1003 was active after 3AM-est and was still in the active stream till 7am est.

I invite you to join or watch this site and you can get info as to what or when come test - remember it's only TV so what could happen?

DIRECTV Cutting Edge Information

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Red button reset. When white light comes on hold down add client button until white light is flashing.Download is in progress when white light is flashing and WHILE solid white. Once it turns white THEN hold button down UNTIL it starts blinking...........How will I know if I catch the download when I see it in redh other than when it comes back up? I tried about 7 times never caught the d/l for 1003 and Thanks appreciate it very much

Red button reset. When white light comes on hold down add client button until white light is flashing.Download is in progress when white light is flashing.
You should Always LOOK at REDHAT First- What ever version is active is shown - 1003 was active after 3AM-est and was still in the active stream till 7am est.

I invite you to join or watch this site and you can get info as to what or when come test - remember it's only TV so what could happen?

DIRECTV Cutting Edge Information
I always look at REDHAT first them do it and I was up at that time around 3:30 am and it was red but couldn’t catch the 1003 last night and tried it about 7-8 times and couldn’t catch the d/l but didn’t know when you did it if there was way to catch it right away like the older models showed if you caught it and which version it was or if I was doing it right thanks for your response and help appreciate it very much!

Red button reset. When white light comes on hold down add client button until white light is flashing.Download is in progress when white light is flashing and WHILE solid white. Once it turns white THEN hold button down UNTIL it starts blinking...........How will I know if I catch the download when I see it in redh other than when it comes back up? I tried about 7 times never caught the d/l for 1003 and Thanks appreciate it very much

Red button reset. When white light comes on hold down add client button until white light is flashing.Download is in progress when white light is flashing.

I always look at REDHAT first them do it and I was up at that time around 3:30 am and it was red but couldn’t catch the 1003 last night and tried it about 7-8 times and couldn’t catch the d/l but didn’t know when you did it if there was way to catch it right away like the older models showed if you caught it and which version it was or if I was doing it right thanks for your response and help appreciate it very much!

using a HS17 - Are you using a Wired Internet Connection? (FIRST) if wired you need to disconnect the lan cable -if NOT it will try to download it from the internet =(fail)

If your Using Wireless -(FIRST) I'm NOT sure but you may have to disable that as well - I'm using a HR54 so it's just restart (first blue light) 02468

using a HS17 -they only way to know is when the unit comes back -because when it's down - NO TV is to be found anywhere on any client.

I would have a HS17 if it were NOT for the fact -that they will have to pry my tuners from my Cold Dead Hands-LOL

When I look for a firmware on that site, New ones always show on Friday night's starting between 11-11:30pm cst
I’ve done that for years on Friday and Saturday nights if they have them

using a HS17 - Are you using a Wired Internet Connection? (FIRST) if wired you need to disconnect the lan cable -if NOT it will try to download it from the internet =(fail)

If your Using Wireless -(FIRST) I'm NOT sure but you may have to disable that as well - I'm using a HR54 so it's just restart (first blue light) 02468

using a HS17 -they only way to know is when the unit comes back -because when it's down - NO TV is to be found anywhere on any client.

I would have a HS17 if it were NOT for the fact -that they will have to pry my tuners from my Cold Dead Hands-LOL
1) I have HS17 and wired connection and thank you I will do that next time appreciate that on the Wired Connection I’ll unhook the internet connection wire then try to d/l it.....Would it work if I take the internet connection wire out and then tried to download it? Thanks 2) Thank you On not knowing if it until it comes back on if you caught the d/l I’m usually wake up during that time period every night so I’ll check it see if REDHAT is Red and if it is try it. 3) on your thoughts on the HS17 and thank you very much for the response and help appreciate it very much!!

Reactions: vazhog
1) I have HS17 and wired connection and thank you I will do that next time appreciate that on the Wired Connection I’ll unhook the internet connection wire then try to d/l it.....Would it work if I take the internet connection wire out and then tried to download it? Thanks 2) Thank you On not knowing if it until it comes back on if you caught the d/l I’m usually wake up during that time period every night so I’ll check it see if REDHAT is Red and if it is try it. 3) on your thoughts on the HS17 and thank you very much for the response and help appreciate it very much!!

Yes, Before you try to force a download - Remove the Lan cable - Then restart the receiver and doing everything as before - If you go to the other site you can monitor the chat (if you have a login) or buy subscribing to the CE notice link - you will get an email when a CE is announced - -then join the chat room and when it released that's how you know - you don't have to interact with the chat you can watch it -but you are welcome to Chat if you wish.

After you get the download - Just remember to re-connect the lan and connect to the internet. as long as the download was okay - if not -leave it unhooked till you get confirmation -thru the menu settings -info and test -to see the current Firmware load.

Yes, Before you try to force a download - Remove the Lan cable - Then restart the receiver and doing everything as before - If you go to the other site you can monitor the chat (if you have a login) or buy subscribing to the CE notice link - you will get an email when a CE is announced - -then join the chat room and when it released that's how you know - you don't have to interact with the chat you can watch it -but you are welcome to Chat if you wish.

After you get the download - Just remember to re-connect the lan and connect to the internet. as long as the download was okay - if not -leave it unhooked till you get confirmation -thru the menu settings -info and test -to see the current Firmware load.
Thank you very much appreciate it and All your help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)