Forced Account Changeover

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't have any issue with the D* website ... it just takes another step to get there when it asks which sight you want, ATT or D* ...
Once I get to that point, I hit D* and I go to the normal D* website.

I don't have any issue with the D* website ... it just takes another step to get there when it asks which sight you want, ATT or D* ...
Once I get to that point, I hit D* and I go to the normal D* website.
It really doesn't make sense. If the goal is to streamline everything why add in an extra step. You still need to use the DTV site to do anything.

The AT&T website is awful. Impossible to navigate.

And not to relapse the Dish debate but I learned the other day that they also don't have HBO!!!! WHAT?!!! hahaha

Anyway, a terrible website is not the end of the world. I can still find my bill. Sites like this are the real Directv website anyway.

The AT&T website is awful. Impossible to navigate.

And not to relapse the Dish debate but I learned the other day that they also don't have HBO!!!! WHAT?!!! hahaha

Anyway, a terrible website is not the end of the world. I can still find my bill. Sites like this are the real Directv website anyway.

Yea Dish currently doesn't have HBO because HBO is owned by AT&T and they're using it to squeeze their competitors like a bunch of gangsters.

Dish does have the Epix movie channels and DirecTV doesn't. What?!? hahaha

I was debating doing back to Comcast this summer, AT&T might push me to it.

Don’t do it unless you like bitrate staved 1080i channels that they then convert into 720P.

When I switch to Vue 2 years ago I was amazed how much better Vue’s 720P picture looked vs Comcast.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Don’t do it unless you like bitrate staved 1080i channels that they then convert into 720P.

When I switch to Vue 2 years ago I was amazed how much better Vue’s 720P picture looked vs Comcast.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
My biggest disappointment with DTV is their equipment. If is by far the worst of any provider I have ever used. Constant freezing and a horribly designed remote and interface. Not to mention the dreaded rain fade that happens a lot more than advertised. Sure when it works they have a great picture. The problem is it's just not reliable enough. The main reason I dropped Comcast 3 years ago was because they cut out YES. Now that that is back I'm really considering moving back in the spring when I reopen the summer home.

My biggest disappointment with DTV is their equipment. If is by far the worst of any provider I have ever used. Constant freezing and a horribly designed remote and interface. Not to mention the dreaded rain fade that happens a lot more than advertised. Sure when it works they have a great picture. The problem is it's just not reliable enough. The main reason I dropped Comcast 3 years ago was because they cut out YES. Now that that is back I'm really considering moving back in the spring when I reopen the summer home.

You sound like you work for a cable co...

I can't speak for the new "Genie" $h!t I'll never get but my H24's have been wonderful and are light years ahead of the cable co's GUI's on their STB's. I'm hoping the HR24 I should be getting will be just as reliable.

Cable around my area has a lot of outages, every time a drunk wrecks a pole the whole system is down for many hours. After hurricane Ike cable was down for 3 weeks, DirecTV worked as soon as we fired up the generator.

Rain-fade may be a thing of the past in the future as soon as their engineers realize they can easily eliminate it for internet connected receivers by using the DirecTVNow online feeds as a backup.

You sound like you work for a cable co...

I can't speak for the new "Genie" $h!t I'll never get but my H24's have been wonderful and are light years ahead of the cable co's GUI's on their STB's. I'm hoping the HR24 I should be getting will be just as reliable.

Cable around my area has a lot of outages, every time a drunk wrecks a pole the whole system is down for many hours. After hurricane Ike cable was down for 3 weeks, DirecTV worked as soon as we fired up the generator.

Rain-fade may be a thing of the past in the future as soon as their engineers realize they can easily eliminate it for internet connected receivers by using the DirecTVNow online feeds as a backup.
I'm no fan of Comcast or any operator for that matter, they all suck as far as I am concerned but what else can we do. They have us by the nuts and we know it. I really want to like DTV, I wasn't around before the AT&T merger so I don't know if things were drastically different then. I do know that AT&T is the equivalent of Comcast and them buying DTV probably wasn't for the best long term. To me DTV's equipment has been it's Achilles heel, constantly freezing up and the DVR not being reliable.

I will be honest, cable is more dependable during snow or heavy rain storms. If someone around here hits a poll the power is out so watching TV is unavailable anyways.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)