Forcing a weekly call

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wallyj

Original poster
May 9, 2004
I have a Samsung SIR-S300W that has been sitting idle for several months. Decided to re-activate it. Called D* and turned it on, no problem. Was told I have 30 days to complete a call.

Problem is, I can not find the menu to make the call. I do it manually every week or two with my two Tivo boxes.

Anyone have one of these and can help me out?

SIR-S300W is a basic unit it does not have to make a phone call it upgrades through the satellite signal unlike your TiVo that needs to make a telephone call.

wallyj said:
I have a Samsung SIR-S300W that has been sitting idle for several months. Decided to re-activate it. Called D* and turned it on, no problem. Was told I have 30 days to complete a call.

Problem is, I can not find the menu to make the call. I do it manually every week or two with my two Tivo boxes.

Anyone have one of these and can help me out?
It will make a monthly call on the day designated by DTV, unless you call them and they ask it to make a call for you.

Its nothing for you to worry about.

Thanks to both for your help!

I won't normally have this unit plugged in to the phone. Will I get a message like on the Tivo to prompt a call?

2 of my three units have NEVER been plugged into a phone line.... they've been up for 18 months now!!! I only have the HD unit plugged in since the lady likes the caller-ID on the TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Picture quality levels

New feature on directv.com website

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)